Twitch inaugural live music stream featuring Steve Aoki.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Well Twitch has been streaming music before, but now live music is going to have official channels on Twitch starting today. The first artist to stream will be Steve Aoki. Stream starts at 10 PM EST.

i'd hardly call turning knobs live music.

Tell that to DeadMau5 who is making millions each year doing so. I also don't really consider it "music" in the traditional sense but anyone under 25 seems to think its the best music ever..

Still why this belongs on Twitch? My guess is Twitch is looking for new revenue streams since its expanding rapidly and even with Google to buy it out it'll probably be awhile before they transition over to Google's network.

Tell that to DeadMau5 who is making millions each year doing so. I also don't really consider it "music" in the traditional sense but anyone under 25 seems to think its the best music ever..

Still why this belongs on Twitch? My guess is Twitch is looking for new revenue streams since its expanding rapidly and even with Google to buy it out it'll probably be awhile before they transition over to Google's network.

They asked the community if they wanted live concerts on Twitch and the response was in favor of it.

Seriously, DJ's nowadays.. do they actually DJ? Their arms are always up in the air... so who is playing the music?? lol.

If they ever lose their USB they'd be screwed (or harddrive with their music hahaha) or refer to the lonely island skit.. rofl.

I think calling them "DJs" gives these "artists" too much credit. I would call them sample pedlars.

I'm fine with this, as long as the stream is then immediately closed down for streaming non-gaming content.

They asked the community if they wanted live concerts on Twitch and the response was in favor of it.

Of course they are. Almost every streamer has some kind of music going in the background and lots of streamers seem to adore junky dubstep so it makes sense.

Back