Crytek Shares Plans For The Future

HardOCP News

[H] News
After the announcement was made earlier today that the Homefront IP has been sold to Deep Silver, Crytek made this blog post sharing the company's plans for the future.

Firstly, Crytek has been in extensive discussions with leading producer and distributor of digital entertainment products, Koch Media, regarding the acquisition of rights for the "Homefront" IP. On completion of the proposed acquisition, the Homefront team from Crytek's Nottingham studio would transfer their talents to Koch Media in compliance with English law and continue their hard work on upcoming shooter, "Homefront: The Revolution". Both parties hope to finalize and implement a deal soon.

The internal restructuring will also see the development of Crytek IP, "HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age", transferred from their studio in Austin, USA to Frankfurt. Crytek will retain a presence in Austin, with several staff members maintaining the CRYENGINE support team to assist North American licensees. Employees who are not set to be part of that support team will be invited to apply for new positions at Crytek in Germany.

I hope it's not like the last homefront game. That one sucked bad.

With the defection of so many employee's and even the Homefront 2's head game director .. I can't even imagine it being anything other than garbage.

I hope it's not like the last homefront game. That one sucked bad.

It looked really good at E3. Then this stuff happened. Hopefully they can get back anyone who left the team. Glad they plan to maintain the IP/direction.

35lkmj.jpg

jQ5ObCr9Mcq9I.jpg

We're going to sell off our IP a little bit at a time to continue to pay our executives, and then we'll hire programmers and artists fresh out of school and continue to not pay them until they quit, then hire more.
Maybe someday we'll release something, maybe we won't. Either way f#ck you, I've got my golden parachute b#tches!

Given that their plan wasn't to close up shop and go home I don't believe a word they say.

I loved Crysis, but it had a bug they never fixed that could glitch out the final fight. I got over that. The Expansion Crysis Warhead worked flawlessly (just about the only crytec product I own I can say that about).
Crysis2, I couldn't ever play due to horrible graphical bugs. Googling the issue I had, I found a forum post on crytek game forums where many others had the issue. It was never resolved.
I just installed Crysis3 a few weeks ago, launched it and played for about an hour with no issues. Then went to try and play it some more, fps was single digits, even in the menu. Googling this, same story. Lots of others have these issues, no fix in sight.

It's no wonder the company is falling apart. They get our $$ from a sale and then do little to support us. At least that's how it appears to me. Sell the IP for crysis to a better studio, maybe a game will come out that actually works.

It looked really good at E3. Then this stuff happened. Hopefully they can get back anyone who left the team. Glad they plan to maintain the IP/direction.

Apparently the director of Homefront who quit last week - Hasit Zala - is now with Deep Silver and back on project. That's good news for the product not going off the rails and in a different direction. I am excited for this title as it looked great at E3 and supposedly has 4 player co-op, which is awesome for an insurgency game.

Back