Tor Warns Users It Was Attacked

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a Tor user, you might want to read this.

On July 4 2014 we found a group of relays that we assume were trying to deanonymize users. They appear to have been targeting people who operate or access Tor hidden services. The attack involved modifying Tor protocol headers to do traffic confirmation attacks.

3.jpg

pretty sure the nsa wants to break TOR more than any other government/agency

You think they haven't.. do you forget who invented TOR? Not to mention the FBI raids on TOR sites..how do you think they got all of that info and managed to infiltrate TOR to do raids...

As far as i am concerned TOR is a honeypot for the U.S government and any agency who wants what is in it.

So let me put it this way, Tor is actually the US gov't's, and Russia wants to "deanonymize" Russians that use Tor; then Putin has "Obama's pair"...so why are Russia trying the hard way rather than the easy way?

So let me put it this way, Tor is actually the US gov't's, and Russia wants to "deanonymize" Russians that use Tor; then Putin has "Obama's pair"...so why are Russia trying the hard way rather than the easy way?

Stop bringing logic to an obvious partisan discussion. :)

You think they haven't.. do you forget who invented TOR? Not to mention the FBI raids on TOR sites..how do you think they got all of that info and managed to infiltrate TOR to do raids...

As far as i am concerned TOR is a honeypot for the U.S government and any agency who wants what is in it.

You do realize that most of the raids on TOR sites took a fair amount of effort right? And the Silk Road for example, that guy was busted because they were able to identify him because posting personal information elsewhere. If they could just see all TOR traffic without having to implement exploits why would they be targeting TOR as Snowdens leaked documents implicated?

You do realize that most of the raids on TOR sites took a fair amount of effort right? And the Silk Road for example, that guy was busted because they were able to identify him because posting personal information elsewhere. If they could just see all TOR traffic without having to implement exploits why would they be targeting TOR as Snowdens leaked documents implicated?

You missed Spidey's advice in his post above. LOL

Back