Former NSA Director Wants $1M A Month For His Services

HardOCP News

[H] News
One million dollars a month? What the hell is this guy smoking?

Keith Alexander, the recently retired director of the National Security Agency, left many in Washington slack-jawed when it was reported that he might charge companies up to $1 million a month to help them protect their computer networks from hackers. What insights or expertise about cybersecurity could possibly justify such a sky-high fee, some wondered, even for a man as well-connected in the military-industrial complex as the former head of the nation's largest intelligence agency?

This article reads like he is some kind of technical expert, when that couldn't be furthest from the truth. What the hell did he "invent" that makes his company so valuable? It also says he "invented" stuff while working at the NSA...which is also a huge fucking lie. He's an administrative figure, not even remotely a subject matter expert in the nitty gritty of IT security.

I can't wait for someone to violate his intellectual property and exploit it for personal gain.

Piece of shit.

This article reads like he is some kind of technical expert, when that couldn't be furthest from the truth. What the hell did he "invent" that makes his company so valuable?

It says " he has invented, along with his business partners at IronNet Cybersecurity Inc., the company he co-founded"

So it sounds like he took an idea from NSA and had some actual experts develop the system

How do we know he's not an NSA plant to actually go out and put backdoors in under the guise of helping them?

He knows all of NSA's homegrown exploits... now using it to profit.

Everybody hates the guy, hes just trying to get some money before he retires lol.

It says " he has invented, along with his business partners at IronNet Cybersecurity Inc., the company he co-founded"

So it sounds like he took an idea from NSA and had some actual experts develop the system

It also says later on that NSA owns all IP that was developed while he was there, not that he directly had anything do with development anyway. Plus I can guarantee you that the NSA would not allow any of their techniques to be used in such a manner as it would all be classified. He'd be blatantly breaking the law.

i just want to see someone hire him, pay him a few million, and get hacked just like any other company out there.

Calling attention to yourself in that manner asking for 1mil/month... that's just a challenge to the uber-geeky to take this asshat down a few pegs.

you could shell out millions/billions, and your system will always be vulnerable.

If a human invented it -- a human can get past it eventually.

$1 Million because he knows where the bodies are buried. He must have pulled some really sweet shit for some current politicians.

This guy does good work.

My former company used him a bit. I've met him personally.

Don't speak on what you don't know about.

This guy does good work.

So have I, and I have his command coin to prove it. He JUST retired a few months ago....which means you are saying he immediately went into consulting and/or started this company, hit the ground running, assembled a staff, worked for your former company on some very short term project, and then you left that company all the time frame of like 3 months.

The only reason he would be worth that much is because he is using what he knows to help companies protect themselves from the NSA and everyone else or because he still has major pull at the NSA and can get companies/people a pass so they don't get watched for a certain amount of time. Or he uses his pull and that million gets you info on competitors. I can't think of anything else that would be worth that much.

Well-connected government-->business . Just like the assholes who influence laws, leave government, join the private sector, and take huge advantage of the rules they drafted.

Got to love capitalism someone found out that knowledge is power and converted it to bucks .
Now if only governmental agencies weren't stacked with people who did the politicians political favours and or friends.

Go greedy people :)

So have I, and I have his command coin to prove it. He JUST retired a few months ago....which means you are saying he immediately went into consulting and/or started this company, hit the ground running, assembled a staff, worked for your former company on some very short term project, and then you left that company all the time frame of like 3 months.

He's setting up a firewall at my house right now. You don't even know what you don't know.

a million a month is alot...in all seriousness...especially a guy that has been proven to be a liar

a million a month is alot...in all seriousness...especially a guy that has been proven to be a liar

Well what does your prominent NBA player make in a year? And all he does is throw a ball through a hoop and sometimes jumps higher then other people . *3 games long and he mkaes more then that :) .

Damn straight. They also need to run a few steps in either direction, while dribbling with their ball bouncing up and down. Kind of like my grandpas aerobics class at the retirement home.

This is why the guy got into government for in the first place, to increase his value to the private sector with glad handing skills and green grease distribution from the fat corp wallets. This is one reason whgy were a failing nation.

It's all about high-level executives keeping their jobs. You contract with his company and later down the line if your business is compromised you can tell the board/shareholders/government "I hired the best of the best. The former NSA director's company. I did everything I could." That way you keep your job. The old saying is "Nobody ever got fired for buying Cisco." Same thing with this guy.

This guy does good work.

That could mean you ARE him then if the other guys statement about you is true.

Well-connected government-->business . Just like the assholes who influence laws, leave government, join the private sector, and take huge advantage of the rules they drafted.

I'd agree with this guy. Major defense contractors don't have "a retired general from each branch" on the board of directors for shits n' giggles.

Back