How Secret Societies Stay Hidden On the Internet

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is this a story about secret societies or another elaborate online scam?

My recruitment with the society was doomed from the beginning: Three months after I received the original Facebook message, I was slated to leave the country and study abroad for a year and a half. But I was still curious. I submitted my answers to the online questionnaire and almost forgot about the whole thing—until a week later, when we recruits received our first directive.

looks like someone setup a hoax to earn some money. starts with 600 a year. candidates want more? open your wallet. reveal the society's ultimate truth? hey, that's gotta be worth something to you, right? sounds like scientology on a small scale.

i would assume the heads behind a secret society have all the wealth you could ever imagine and need to gather the brightest people on the planet to further specific goals. also, they wouldn't sift through one of the garbage dumps of the internet, facebook, to find recruits. that entire post sounds like fiction a 14 year old scribbled into their notepad while on the bus.

looks like someone setup a hoax to earn some money. starts with 600 a year. candidates want more? open your wallet. reveal the society's ultimate truth? hey, that's gotta be worth something to you, right? sounds like scientology on a small scale.

i would assume the heads behind a secret society have all the wealth you could ever imagine and need to gather the brightest people on the planet to further specific goals. also, they wouldn't sift through one of the garbage dumps of the internet, facebook, to find recruits. that entire post sounds like fiction a 14 year old scribbled into their notepad while on the bus.

Hah! The first thing I thought of was Scientology. If you pay enough, you too can become a VERY important person!

My society is so secret, I don't even know who the other members are.

Societies so secret, they are hosted on FB, the vanguard of privacy.

Back