Remove manufacturer's markings from tubing

pcdocstl

n00b
Does anyone know an easy way to remove the manufacturer's markings on McMaster-Carr #5231K185 tubing without damaging it? They gave me the "it's not recommended to remove ...blah...blah". It's clear tubing except for where the markings are printed on the outside with blue ink. I haven't tried anything yet until I get some ideas.

Acetone ?

Acid?

Seriously ... may I ask why? Just position the tubing so you cannot see it (Going to be very difficult to find proper tubing w/o markings of any kind). It should just be ink, maybe a magic eraser ?

You bought masterkleer because it was cheap, not because it was pretty. Anything you do to try to remove the writing is likely to damage the integrity of the tubing and would be highly inadvisable.

Acetone ?

Acid?

Seriously ... may I ask why? Just position the tubing so you cannot see it (Going to be very difficult to find proper tubing w/o markings of any kind). It should just be ink, maybe a magic eraser ?
I would advise against all those things. Acid won't do crap, acetone is likely to jack up the tubes and a magic eraser is just a low grade abrasive... Actually, if the magic eraser doesn't scratch the tubing up and make it look worse, its probably not going to mess it up too bad, probably your best bet. i would avoid chemical means

Back