Microsoft Cloud Growth Drives Strong Fourth-Quarter Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of $23.38 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2014. Gross margin, operating income, and diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) for the quarter were $15.79 billion, $6.48 billion, and $0.55 per share, respectively. Microsoft completed the acquisition of substantially all of the Nokia Devices and Services (“NDS”) business on April 25, 2014. Revenue and cost of revenue from the acquired business, including amortization of intangible assets, are reported in the new Phone Hardware segment. For the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2014, the results of NDS contributed revenue, gross margin, operating income, and diluted EPS of $1.99 billion, $54 million, $(692) million, and $(0.08), respectively.

Oh?.. and i thought everyone was saying how Microsoft was losing a lot of business and crying to Congress over the revelations that they (and other big US IT cloud services companies) were in cahoots with the NSA. Like I've been telling everyone, the majority of the world gives no shits about the NSA spying on them. The only people who care are the 0.001% who just so happen to be IT nerds.

Like DIsney's mythical Lemmings, these stupid fuckers plunge plunge into the Abyss of "The Cloud".

Nothing bad will come of it, I'm sure.

Oh?.. and i thought everyone was saying how Microsoft was losing a lot of business and crying to Congress over the revelations that they (and other big US IT cloud services companies) were in cahoots with the NSA. Like I've been telling everyone, the majority of the world gives no shits about the NSA spying on them. The only people who care are the 0.001% who just so happen to be IT nerds.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
I've never seen a group of people want a 1984-esque world before.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.
I've never seen a group of people want a 1984-esque world before.

It's not that they want it. It's just that they are far too absorbed in their meaningless consumer-driven lives. Monday Night Football, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, which star shook their ugly ass last night, etc and being slaves to debt are all people concern themselves with today. I'm starting to cheer on the criminals and dregs of society as they smack people out of their clouds of delusion and show them they need to start paying attention.

Back