BuildLog: XGamerPC Corsair 760T "TriFireWater"

Looks good. Cant wait to see the final setup and delta T temps. I'm looking for something similar in terms of rad capacity with only 2x 290's myself.

On my way to UPS to pick up something from FrozenCPU I spotted this:
DSC_0011_zpsa2f07700.jpg

Hope the rest of this project turns out better than that Big Rig.

Last edited:
check back soon build log is being redone.
DSC_0003_zps49db7002.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsb70e0211.jpg

Yes, yes. I'm working on camera skills slowly. Sorry for the low light.

Last edited:
Coming together nicely bro. I agree about the res, it does look nice. And I'm not normally a fan of bay reservoirs. Looking forward to seeing more :)

Some cell phone pics of the build after I started working on it at home. The shop is too busy to finish and in the interest of safety (not really knowing what had not been done that I could not see), I took most everything out and remounted blocks, etc. I should have used my camera but this is about what I had the energy for.

IMG_0030_zpse0f949e6.jpg

IMG_0035_zpsfcd6e06e.jpg

IMG_0054_zps50b7dede.jpg

IMG_0056_zpse963950b.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like that D5 is being fed from below its intake? If so that may be difficult to prime the loop without running the pump dry.

There's 2 D5s. One's in the bay res. appreciate the comment though because that's something I would do.

Love the sound card with that backplate... such an awesome touch. Build came together really well bud :)

This guy has a lot to do with how this build turned out. I could not have even made it half way without his advice. I really appreciate everything. We even traded for the cable extensions used in the builds current config. FWD made the extensions from scratch, including the 4pin molex to the STX sound card.

This guy has a lot to do with how this build turned out. I could not have even made it half way without his advice. I really appreciate everything. We even traded for the cable extensions used in the builds current config. FWD made the extensions from scratch, including the 4pin molex to the STX sound card.

I appreciate the kind words bro. I really didn't help all that much though. You're still responsible for the important stuff: choosing components, designing the loop, building it, etc. You did a great job for a first time wcer. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the future, too.

Leak test was positive... there were several. They have all been attended to and the loop now runs perfectly. Cable management is done and Added cosmetic plates to hide a couple spots on the case I didn't like.

Last edited:

Was a little dicey getting everything up and running. The cables I ran behind the motherboard barely fit. They were causing the board to short out the first time I tried to boot it. I knew what it was pretty quickly. Instead of breaking everything down I just loosened the motherboard standoffs and pulled on the wires behind the board gently until they settled into a better position.

And with an actual camera/lighting fixed:

Last edited:
That looks amazing! Have been thinking about getting the same case, or the 900d... This makes it very hard! Beautiful work man!

That looks amazing! Have been thinking about getting the same case, or the 900d... This makes it very hard! Beautiful work man!

Hey, thanks! I really thought it would explode when I first tried to turn it on. :D

About Delta Ts:

I had a problem with the original temp sensor from Aquacomputer. It was an inline fitting and no matter what oring I tried, it leaked like crazy. I've since switched to a Bitspower stop fitting with a temp-senor in it.

So, I'm still learning the Aquaero. But I have 3 temperature sensors running at the moment:
Sensor 1 is set as the coolant temperature at the reservoir output
Sensor 2 is set as the ambient temperature (I put the sensor in the outer fan grill on the top 140mm intake fan
Sensor 3 is set as the 360mm radiator temperature

My intention was originally to set the fans to begin to ramp up when the difference between sensor 1 and sensor 2 gets larger. Was also planning to ramp one of the pumps when the temperature of the 360mm radiator rose.

Currently I'm finding these tweaks unnecessary but I'll learn how to set them up in time. The aquaero is pretty deep but it's doable. Also, Shoggy from Aquacomputer is super helpful.

Anyway, the important thing is: DID IT WORK?
YES!!!! :D

I started this project because I bought too many GPU's out of stupidity, and they were too beastly to try to fit all together on air. The 295x2 alone would throttle itself slightly on Unigine Valley runs at 1440p.

After sufficient warming (or cooling off after bench run), with the system running Ekoolant UV Blue, the idle coolant temp is around 30C with the ambient at 26.5C.

The CPU idle temps have not changed much, they avg around 30C, but all three 290X GPUs run about 5C cooler at idle, which I thought was excellent.

Who cares about IDLE temps. :D

After 30 min of Valley with no vsync, my PSU is by far the loudest thing in the case, the GPUs all stay around 58C without overclock, overclocked... well I'm still tweaking. All the GPUs seem to have a fair amount of headroom, but adding voltage quickly adds a good amount of heat to the loop. All the same +75v on the main 290x I have on top (+50mV is stock), and +35v on the 2GPUs of the 295x2, at 1150Core on all and 1400mem my 290X still stays around 60C while the 295x2 start to inch toward 65C.

Considering I was unable to keep from throttling at stock previously, and now I have an extra GPU as well and I'm still looking for the ceiling, i imagine my results will improve.

Hitting about 22,000 in FireStrike, which is about right for the setup anyway.

Back