Space Invaders: The Movie?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Pew-pew-pew isn’t going to be the sound it makes, but more like the stink of the movie itself. :p Warner Bros has obtained the rights to Space Invaders and hope to create another smash hit just like the Lego Movies. Let’s hope the guys at Warner Bros sober up before sinking big bucks into this project. :D

Warner Bros. has acquired feature films rights to the standup arcade game, and has attached some pedigreed producers to somehow turn a left-right joystick and a "fire" button into a feature film.

I thought they made a movie with the same name until I realized it was called "Spaced Invaders". Amazing how fast time flies. I was 2 when that movie came out. :eek:

LOL! I remember spending HOURS playing this as a kid... but to watch it as a movie? :rolleyes:

Hollywood is..

out_of_ideas.jpg

This will be as good a movie as Battleship.

Can't wait for Peter Rosenthal to try and review this gem.

That wouldn't have been so bad if they didn't bastardize the game. I don't remember there being aliens in Battleship. I don't even want to know what monopoly would look like - I can imagine it'd probably involve a terrorist attack on Vermont Ave, and a love interest on Boardwalk.

I remember years ago they wanted to cast Nicholas Cage as Superman and have him fight a giant spider at the end. Think about it.

Sorry, they lost their chance decades ago. It should have come out around the same time as The Last Starfighter to even have a chance.

Back