FCC Extends Open Internet Comment Period

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Federal Communications Commission has extended the deadline for you to leave comments on the proposed net neutrality rules. Instead of midnight tonight, you now have until Friday the 18th.

Not surprisingly, we have seen an overwhelming surge in traffic on our website that is making it difficult for many people to file comments through our Electronic Comment Filing System (ECFS). Please be assured that the Commission is aware of these issues and is committed to making sure that everyone trying to submit comments will have their views entered into the record.

Don't worry everyone. They will also make sure that the large corporations will also have their money, I mean uh speech heard too.

President Obama, at Mr. Cohen’s home in Philadelphia in 2013 to raise money for Democratic Senate candidates, joked, “I have been here so much, the only thing I haven’t done in this house is have Seder dinner.”

Mr. Cohen oversees Comcast’s robust lobbying operation and sets the strategies to shepherd its acquisitions past antitrust questions and other regulatory concerns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/business/media/comcasts-real-repairman.html

Just waiting on the FCC revealing that the hard drive with all the comments crashed with no way to recover the data...so we'll just make our ruling without them...:rolleyes:

Just because they want your comment doesn't mean they give a shit about them. It's all PR. All the message will be unread and archived into a forgotten place

Trouble accessing their comment page? Probably blocked by ISP'.

Just because they want your comment doesn't mean they give a shit about them. It's all PR. All the message will be unread and archived into a forgotten place

Sad but true. People will feel like they're being listened to, but if you think about it, who the fuck gives a shit about internet comments? Let alone who is going to read all that garbage?

Sad but true. People will feel like they're being listened to, but if you think about it, who the fuck gives a shit about internet comments? Let alone who is going to read all that garbage?

I think we should deliver our comments the old fashioned way, by building catapults outside the FCC offices and tying them to very large rocks.

If that's the case why did you even post? :D

I think we should deliver our comments the old fashioned way, by building catapults outside the FCC offices and tying them to very large rocks.
Reminded me of the South Park episode where people were catapulting themselves against the side of the building... I think that might actually get their attention :D.

I guess no matter what they don't have a clue. If people being upset filing their comments is causing their website not to work, one would think their barking up the wrong tree with the direction they're trying to take things. My guess now is they are going to go through with this no matter what people say. This extension is just a ploy to pretend they cared about our comments. Fuck the FCC.

I guess no matter what they don't have a clue. If people being upset filing their comments is causing their website not to work, one would think their barking up the wrong tree with the direction they're trying to take things. My guess now is they are going to go through with this no matter what people say. This extension is just a ploy to pretend they cared about our comments. Fuck the FCC.

Politicians and the government don't care what the people say. The people aren't paying them (well, a small amount per wages).

Back