GTA V and CoD:AW Getting AMD Mantle Support

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this list, upcoming titles such as Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Alien: Isolation will all have Mantle support.

Games in beta program may or may not support Mantle, but these games will be Gaming Evolved titles for sure. The third group includes GTA5, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, COD:AW and Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars. Mantle support for GTA5 could be a game-changer for AMD. While the third group has still Mantle support pending, the second group is confirmed to support new API. Here you can find Star Citizen, Sims 4, Rise of the Tomb Rider, Mass Effect or Star Wars Battlefront.

great news!

I would assume that a game like GTA5 should benefit from it greatly.

As for COD... long as it doesn't use gameworks again I don't see why it would need it to be honest. Options are good though. Lets just hope that nVidia joins in and decides to support it.

A new Star Control... Color me interested.:D

Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks like a tall order to achieve on CryEngine. Then again, when it comes out we'll have another year and a half of hardware upgrades to run it with. Are there any existing CryEngine games with potentially hundreds of AI entities fighting onscreen simultaneously? Maybe they will do the Mount & Blade thing and have a slider determine how many units can spawn at once and then spawn more only after the first wave has died.

Sweet!
More Mantle love, but now i might not be able to wait till GTA V is on sale. Wait-n see...

great news!

I would assume that a game like GTA5 should benefit from it greatly.

As for COD... long as it doesn't use gameworks again I don't see why it would need it to be honest. Options are good though. Lets just hope that nVidia joins in and decides to support it.

Problem is, Nvidia has always been hell bent on doing their own proprietary thing. So I'd wager they're more likely to develop their own Mantle-style api and make it proprietary.

Sweet!
More Mantle love, but now i might not be able to wait till GTA V is on sale. Wait-n see...

If you're a PC gamer, you should know that all PC games are on sale. You can get GTA V pre order on Fast2play for $47, they had it for $38 a few months back. I pre ordered mine for about $42.

That means GTA5 will perform acceptably on an AMD card, unlike GTA4 which was gimped in favour of Nvidia graphics routines much like Doom 3 was back in the day.

Which is pretty damn welcome but you only need to read this:

GTA5 PC will feature the clip recording and editing of GTA4 PC.

Y'know, I've seen this list posted all over, but barely anyone seems to notice that a large portion of that list, specifically the ones making headlines, are "pending confirmation"...no one from those publishing groups have confirmed it, and a few of those titles are Gameworks titles.

Lets just hope that nVidia joins in and decides to support it.
Mantle is still proprietary, and AMD recently stated is has plans to open it around the end of the year.

Realistically Nvidia isn't going to support Mantle, and developers who want to program at a lower level in the future will do a DX12 path graft on a DX11.x game engine.

If Nvidia was smart they'd do a cross license for gpu tech with AMD like the x86 cross license AMD holds with Intel.
They could easily take the best from both worlds, rapidly advance gpu tech, put Mantle on all cards and make everyone want a pc to game on instead of a console.
I can dream can't I?

If Nvidia was smart they'd do a cross license for gpu tech with AMD like the x86 cross license AMD holds with Intel.
I don't think that opinion has anything to do with which company is smart or not.

The companies have divergent hardware architectures and there's not much to be gained by either running proprietary software APIs on hardware it was not designed around. Actually it would be nice if all graphics innovations were borne of altruistic open standards, but they're not and it's not a big deal.

But for your claim, AMD would have much more to gain than Nvidia in a cross-license agreement. So it would actually be dumb for Nvidia to cross-license anything important. :p

A new Star Control... Color me interested.:D

Kingdom Come: Deliverance looks like a tall order to achieve on CryEngine. Then again, when it comes out we'll have another year and a half of hardware upgrades to run it with. Are there any existing CryEngine games with potentially hundreds of AI entities fighting onscreen simultaneously? Maybe they will do the Mount & Blade thing and have a slider determine how many units can spawn at once and then spawn more only after the first wave has died.

Here is all the star control information you will never need its a xcom like reboot however this one involves Fred Ford and Paul Reiche III the franchises http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/...-about-new-star-control-title-in-development/ if stardock listens to them their is zero chance of a epic star control 3 like screwup

Back