New Dragon Age: Inquisition Gameplay Trailer

Is it just me or do the graphics and HUD look like pure shit?

That looks fucking amazing. Spell effects, the world, massively larger zones...can't wait.

Was not impressed. Looks just like the tragedy that was Dragon Age 2. How hard would it be for them look at Origins, then make that with a bigger story and better graphics? That's all I ask.

If that FOV is locked and you can't zoom out, they are going to have a riot on their hands. "We listened this time, we promise." We'll see....

Was not impressed. Looks just like the tragedy that was Dragon Age 2. How hard would it be for them look at Origins, then make that with a bigger story and better graphics? That's all I ask.

If that FOV is locked and you can't zoom out, they are going to have a riot on their hands. "We listened this time, we promise." We'll see....

The camera isn't locked, but it's not quite as crows eye as the first game.

Hard to say anything about the quality of the game yet. This is basically just a graphics showcase with a little fluff thrown in.

What in there gives you the impression of DA2? Don't see enough to know if that level repeats endlessly throughout the game..if anything, there was more original maps in that 16 minute trailer than in all of DA2.

That definitely looked impressive. Graphically. The gameplay looks like it'll be fun as well. It looks like it won't be shit, but who knows.

What in there gives you the impression of DA2? Don't see enough to know if that level repeats endlessly throughout the game..if anything, there was more original maps in that 16 minute trailer than in all of DA2.

A little bit more "stylized" character models, the staff animation twirling like star wars kid. That's about it.

The graphics are unimpressive and its clearly going to be a console game.

Given EA, will likely wait for bargain bin status at the very least. I just can't trust them anymore.

Given EA, will likely wait for bargain bin status at the very least. I just can't trust them anymore.

Yeah, agreed

As much as I enjoyed DA:Origins, I never bought into DA2 and most likely will wait for proper reviews or bargain bin for DA:Inquisition

The haters are going to hate no matter what, but if this game is a quarter of what is being shown it will amazing.

The haters are going to hate no matter what, but if this game is a quarter of what is being shown it will amazing.

The writing has been shown to be trash already but the gameplay did look really good in that vid.

I agree with you!

Graphics are there but it looks like the guy is walking in empty space.

After the disaster that was DA2, and the awful way they treated the community after ME3's lying hype and RGB ending, I'm done with Bioware.

Also this will use Origin, which I refuse to put on my computer.

After the disaster that was DA2, and the awful way they treated the community after ME3's lying hype and RGB ending, I'm done with Bioware.

Not a fan of Bioware/EA due to the drop in quality over the last few years. This game will be a "wait and see" if it just another high-rez Asian dating sim ;)

Something tells me that the preorders for this on PC will be pretty sparse.

After the disaster that was DA2, Bioware EA can go fuck themselves.

I am not amused by the pop-in, or fade-in as it is, vegetation textures. How hard can it be to have a rendering distance that doesn't noticeably make vegetation appear center screen. #fail

The fight against the dragon was dreadful. It did little more than sit there, only taking wing to land at a new location. No decent tactics at all. No swooping attack, no diving, no breathing from altitude, no tail-slaps, not a lot of anything, really.

The only thing I'm overly worried about is the backwards compatibility with the older consoles. If it was optimized for the PS4 and Xbone then it shouldn't be overly horrible as far as detail and depth. Knowing EA, it was probably optimized for the older consoles which will make the game less playable.

I still don't get most of the hate for DA2. I actually liked the game for the most part, for what it was. ME3 was .. well.. better after they patched it. I still think EA is the enemy, not Bioware, when it comes to issues with most of the games.

I still don't get most of the hate for DA2. I actually liked the game for the most part, for what it was. ME3 was .. well.. better after they patched it. I still think EA is the enemy, not Bioware, when it comes to issues with most of the games.

If DA2 was the only DA somebody played, then I could see someone enjoying it. However, coming from DA:O, it was a cold pile of week old turds.

The original Bioware is gone, so to me the name doesn't mean anything.

I did come from DA:O . It wasn't the same game. At best it just was the use of the same world. DA2 wasn't a great game but it was good enough to be playable. The hatred seems to stem from the alteration of base mechanics (albeit drastically) so I can understand. The plot had some.. issues.. too but the world itself didn't change that much. That's why I said "for what it was".

I can agree that Bioware is fading fast though. EA has gutted them pretty badly and is likely only keeping the studio name around for branding purposes.

We'll see though. I'll take DA: I for 'what it is' and move on.

Believe it or not, there were people including myself that enjoyed the ME series and didn't feel so butthurt over the ending.

I'm going to pick this up. I think it looks great.

Loved DAO and played it through a few times. Skipped 2 due to the negative feedback and sadly it looks like 3 has picked up where 2 left off.

Games in a series should improve, not degrade.

I did come from DA:O . It wasn't the same game. At best it just was the use of the same world. DA2 wasn't a great game but it was good enough to be playable. The hatred seems to stem from the alteration of base mechanics (albeit drastically) so I can understand. The plot had some.. issues.. too but the world itself didn't change that much. That's why I said "for what it was".

The point of Dragon Age Origins was IMO that it was an old-school, pausable, semi-tactical party-based RPG. It was like a new Baldur's Gate, of sorts.

They tossed that all to the wind starting with DA2. Now it looks like every other action RPG in the world lately where you control one character from a third-person type view and everyone else runs around on autopilot. Even FF does this now. I'm not a fan of the style at all. Probably one of the reasons I don't play many RPGs any more.

I just watched the second 14 minute gameplay trailer. And I stand by my complaints. It looks like Skyrim zoomed out but with worse graphics. And the FOV is so fucking horrible. The combat is more like an action game than an RPG, with so much crap going on you lose track of who's doing what. And if those are maxed out PC graphics, then Bioware truly is on the brink of death. The graphics are horrible compared to much older games. Bland and ugly textures. Even the cut scenes suck ass.

It's only alpha, so hopefully it gets WAY better. I truly hope it does. I love DA:Origins.

I just watched the second 14 minute gameplay trailer. And I stand by my complaints. It looks like Skyrim zoomed out but with worse graphics. And the FOV is so fucking horrible. The combat is more like an action game than an RPG, with so much crap going on you lose track of who's doing what. And if those are maxed out PC graphics, then Bioware truly is on the brink of death. The graphics are horrible compared to much older games. Bland and ugly textures. Even the cut scenes suck ass.

It's only alpha, so hopefully it gets WAY better. I truly hope it does. I love DA:Origins.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dra...-director-responds-to-camera-and-fov-concerns

There are signs of hope for the FOV and camera at least.

Did we watch the same video? To say that this looks worse than Skyrim is really a stretch. Is the hate for EA so bad that people start making disingenuous comments?

Vanilla Skyrim looks like crap compared to this.

Back