Microsoft Denies Dropping Plans For Xbox One Dev Kits

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft says it still has plans for retail Xbox One units to double as dev kits despite comments made to the contrary.

A Microsoft spokesperson has since told Digital Spy: "The comments today were inaccurate. We remain committed to ensuring the best possible solutions for developers and hobbyists to create games for Xbox One. We will share more details at a later date."

So Microsoft is lying about lying about lying? Jeez, they should have called it the Xibit-Box.

Kind of reminds me of how they never called the Modern UI "Metro", yet had a whole blog about it.
More rubbish from Microsoft, yay.

We remain committed to ensuring the best possible solutions for developers and hobbyists to create games for Xbox One.
If they actually meant that, they would have taken out of the DRM and hardware encryption in the 360 and Xbone.
But that would mean they would have to actually care about developers and hobbyists, which they clearly do not.

This seems like the common problem with Marketing and PR departments being blissfully ignorant of what is really going on.

Kind of reminds me of how they never called the Modern UI "Metro", yet had a whole blog about it.
More rubbish from Microsoft, yay.

If they actually meant that, they would have taken out of the DRM and hardware encryption in the 360 and Xbone.
But that would mean they would have to actually care about developers and hobbyists, which they clearly do not.

While I am not fan of DRM, how does it have anything at all to do with Developers and hobbyists? The only people it affects are gamers, and even then it affects only a much smaller segment.

I would love a new updated XNA dev kit. Hell it was the only reason why I bought a 360.

Back