Remote Control Birth Control Implant

HardOCP News

[H] News
Birth control with a remote control is coming soon. The kicker? The idea was inspired by Bill Gates. :eek:

The device measures 20 x 20 x 7 millimeters, and it is designed to be implanted under the skin of the buttocks, upper arm, or abdomen. It dispenses 30 micrograms a day of levonorgestrel, a hormone already used in several kinds of contraceptives. Sixteen years’ worth of the hormone fits in tiny reservoirs on a microchip 1.5 centimeters wide inside the device.

What happens when it malfunctions and releases 16 years of chemicals into the woman?

What happens when it malfunctions and releases 16 years of chemicals into the woman?

We'll start seeing commercials for attorneys that begin with "If you or a loved one has used this implant and experienced death, coma, or spontaneous combustion, you may be entitled to a settlement"...

I'd rather this than having unwanted "accident" babies brought into this world to be aborted.

I'd rather this than having unwanted "accident" babies brought into this world to be aborted.

Some of these chemical 'contraceptives' don't block conception, they block implantation into the uterus. Depending on your definition, that could be considered abortion.

Remote control vibrator would be more useful depending who had the remote.

We'll start seeing commercials for attorneys that begin with "If you or a loved one has used this implant and experienced death, coma, or spontaneous combustion, you may be entitled to a settlement"...

QFT

The more recent male birth control is much faster, simpler and less evasive to implement and remove, cheaper too... but of course most "men" are too chicken to get their junk messed with...

Two hours on a Bill Gates story and no one's gone for the cheap shot? I am dissapoint. Allow me:

Blue/Pink Screen of Life

The more recent male birth control is much faster, simpler and less evasive to implement and remove, cheaper too... but of course most "men" are too chicken to get their junk messed with...

Isn't that the injected blockage stuff? I didn't think that was approved yet in a lot of markets (apparently doing well in india though).

Some of these chemical 'contraceptives' don't block conception, they block implantation into the uterus. Depending on your definition, that could be considered abortion.

Ehh...most of them actually either prevent ovulation in the first place, or prevent the egg/sperm from finding each other.

I think considering an egg being fertilized but never actually being able to implant itself for conception a pretty tenuous definition of abortion at best.

Yeah if you're stupid - or you consider menstruation murder

Yeah if you're stupid - or you consider menstruation murder
At how many weeks would it be different?

An implanted fertilized egg has a decent probability of becoming a human being barring intervention, menstrual discharge has a zero probability of becoming one.

If you can't see how some people might consider that significant, even if perhaps not sufficient for you, not sure if you should judge who is stupid or not.

Good deal if you don't want kids but do want AIDS.

Are you implying people who use birth control are whores that sleep around? The majority of woman on BC use it because it has certain benefits for their PMS cycle. They are usually in relationships, but do not want children (yet).

HIV/AIDs is only a major concern if you're a male looking to get it on with another male. Or if your male partner is bisexual. It's not a fast growing disease.

This device will have the same disclaimer "will not prevent sexually transmitted diseases" as all of the others.

http://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/hiv-aids-101/statistics/index.html

By that definition in vitro fertilization is the worst thing ever.

Then again we blocked stem cell research which mostly used embryo left over from in vitro fertilizations. Ofc that was based on large misinformation that embryo stem cells were taken from pregnant women aborting babies.

lol the main reason accident babies happen is because someone forgets to take a pill or takes them wrong. Remote control just means they forget the turn it on. Accident babies keep happening.

how does AIDS have anything to do with this?
I don't have my scientific calculator or protractor with me to explain this properly, but the gist of it is that:
Condom = safe sex
Birth control implant = not safe sex

With some people, even 20 years it's still not too late.

It's ridiculous to think that a fertilized blob of cells is a person with human rights lol. For me the ethical limit for abortion is defining when the embryo has developed large enough brain and nerves to experience significant pain during the abortion, if the doctor takes the nasty scissors and starts chopping arms and legs off for example.

I don't have my scientific calculator or protractor with me to explain this properly, but the gist of it is that:
Condom = safe sex

You seem confused. You know this device provides no more protection than normal birth control. The types of people that think this device stops STDs are the same people that already think birth control pills do now. Your statements are redundant. This device is for couples, long term and married couples, who enjoy sex but do not want to have surgery or kids - myself and wife being in that group.

1. Some of y'all are missing ducmans simple point so bad I'm surprised you don't hear that huge whooshing sound over your head.

2. This has remote access? I don't see this going very well unless it's secured properly. And I don't have much faith that it will be.

lol the main reason accident babies happen is because someone forgets to take a pill or takes them wrong. Remote control just means they forget the turn it on. Accident babies keep happening.

Well if there's a remote control, a woman will lose it (let alone know how to use it), so this tech is kind of pointless.

An implanted fertilized egg has a decent probability of becoming a human being barring intervention, menstrual discharge has a zero probability of becoming one.

If you can't see how some people might consider that significant, even if perhaps not sufficient for you, not sure if you should judge who is stupid or not.

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

You seem confused. You know this device provides no more protection than normal birth control. The types of people that think this device stops STDs are the same people that already think birth control pills do now. Your statements are redundant. This device is for couples, long term and married couples, who enjoy sex but do not want to have surgery or kids - myself and wife being in that group.
Because couples and even married couples have never been known to cheat on their partner... :rolleyes:

Anyone on this forum that has never had a partner cheat on them, raise your hand. Now 3/4 of you put your hand back down, because it just means you weren't sly enough to catch em!

I'm clean, but one in six people in the US have genital herpes. Unprotected sex once in a blue moon, fine, but if you go that route all the time, enjoy your STDs. No thanks.

Condom = safe sex

Well the question is though, would you rather have a stupid person with a disease? Or a stupid person who brings a life into this world?

Smart people are going to get tested if they're in a monogamous relationship so it's no big deal, stupid people are going to be screwing like crazy even with today's methods of non-safe birth control.

And what's with the remote control bit? How about half the dosage, implant that in at 11 or 12 or whatever they start menstrating, then bam no more teenage pregnancies... well for those parents willing to use this.

Because couples and even married couples have never been known to cheat on their partner... :rolleyes:

Anyone on this forum that has never had a partner cheat on them, raise your hand. Now 3/4 of you put your hand back down, because it just means you weren't sly enough to catch em!

I'm clean, but one in six people in the US have genital herpes. Unprotected sex once in a blue moon, fine, but if you go that route all the time, enjoy your STDs. No thanks.

It's birth control. Nobody is advocating using this to protect from disease, it's not even relevant to the intended use.

It's birth control. Nobody is advocating using this to protect from disease, it's not even relevant to the intended use.
Of course its relevant... why would you need this if you use condoms? Totally redundant. So point is, wrap it!

Of course its relevant... why would you need this if you use condoms? Totally redundant. So point is, wrap it!

Because condoms can break or be improperly applied when drunk or stupid. Not totally redundant.

Back