Store Plays Mass Effect Trailer For 7 Years Straight

HardOCP News

[H] News
Playing the same video game trailer on a perpetual loop for seven years has to be some kind of record. I'm actually kinda surprised the store in question wasn't a Walmart. ;)

Previously I held out hope that the release of Xbox One would finally see the trailer replaced; no such luck, obviously,” he said in the comments, “but my fingers are crossed for next console generation.”

That was when BioWare still made good games. Wow, that was a very long time ago, wasn't it.

if I had to hear and see that same thing looping for years working there i'd go insane.

he must love it when he gets to go home and relax in his mom's basement.

If I have to hear "Jah Mo Be There" one more time, I'm gonna jah mo burn this place to the ground.

Don't worry buddy. I'm sure if/when Mass Effect 4 comes out, you'll have that trailer (for the next 7 years).

What a coincidence, I just started replaying ME during 4th July weekend.

Does anyone have an id on which store / city it is?

That was when BioWare still made good games. Wow, that was a very long time ago, wasn't it.

What're you talking about Bioware has always made good games and still does. Not a single dud in their resume. They even made a decent Sonic game. Even games that had their flaws like the ending for ME3 is still an undeniably a good game.

What're you talking about Bioware has always made good games and still does. Not a single dud in their resume. They even made a decent Sonic game. Even games that had their flaws like the ending for ME3 is still an undeniably a good game.

Did Dragon Age 2 get a new patch?

I wonder if the video is a running joke for employees who DON'T work in the area. Probably taking bets on seeing how long it stays up.

If I have to hear "Jah Mo Be There" one more time, I'm gonna jah mo burn this place to the ground.

I guess i'm the only one who caught where that's from :p

After hearing something for 1 day it's too much for me, yet alone 7 years.

Did Dragon Age 2 get a new patch?

DA2 was a good game. Every Bioware game has its flaws and DA2's dungeons looking all the same was the only thing that really bothered me. Combat system was not that different from DA Origins with the only major change being the inclusion of having optional auto-attack.

That would be a safety hazard or Red Flag at Walmart they upgraded their electronics a reboot recently and now have Alienware PCs =) Which is just Dell basically....

Watching that trailer makes me depressed thinking about what happened to the series after ME1 :(

This would make a damn good plug for Sylvania TV's. Assuming the trailer has been playing since release day, that would be 58152 constant hours of use.

This would make a damn good plug for Sylvania TV's. Assuming the trailer has been playing since release day, that would be 58152 constant hours of use.

They probably changed the TV ten times...never bothered changing the video :D

Man, I thought it was annoying when a store I worked at long ago played the movie Armageddon on a loop for a few months. Seven years is nuts!

Watching that trailer makes me depressed thinking about what happened to the series after ME1 :(

ME2 was great. In fact, I thought it was better than ME1. It was 3 that was a total mess. Much like Matrix sequels or all Alien movies after Aliens, if you plan to play Mass Effect, just pretend 3 doesn't exist.

3 was fantastic, up until the end. They took most of the best parts of 1 and 2, really listened to fans, and then fucked it all up at the end. Could have had a bit more cut scene interaction with crew in the ship, but other than that 3 was a masterpiece...and then you turn to the final chapter and it's just a preserved pressed turd from the author.

Back