Gearbox Announces Battleborn

I just see borderlands but with different graphical style. I was a fan of borderlands 1, mixed reactions on Borderlands 2.

Definitely not a day one buy though. Maybe when it hits bargain bin.

At first I thought the title said "Gearbox Announces Bathroom"

Looks ok. The characters shown in the trailer make it look like they’re trying to parody several other RPG games – wish they’d given us a better glimpse of the characters than just watching the elf/archer for 2/3 of the video. I will definitely be keeping an eye on it though. Glad to see they're moving on from Borderlands, since the BL1.5 game looks to be stretching the franchise pretty thin.

The one thing on that page that really caught my eye the most was this in the description:
Choose from a myriad of powerful heroes and fight together alongside your friends in an intense co-operative campaign, or battle against them in fast-paced competitive multiplayer matches.

If it's like borderlands but has like 12+ playable characters to choose from and allows for like 8+ player co-op, that would make it great for lans and playing with large groups, which would be great! Honestly I really hope they allow for that with this one - will definitely increase the draw for me.

I got a strong sense they drew inspiration from avatar, the hobbit and team fortress 2.

looks like a sudent pov-ray reel from the early 90s

I don't even know what kind of game it is going to be, other than it has shooting of some sort. It looked like a poorly done DotA2 trailer.

Didn't see it in the comments, But this is a MOBA, so...The bargain bin and not "first day buys" don't really apply. I imagine it'll be F2P with Hero purchases or Cosmetics. A first person MOBA will at least be "Different" being first person. As long as they focus on mostly Skill shot abilities, rather than just point and clicks. We don't need more Cookie Cutter Mobas. We already got LoL and the new Blizzard one coming out.

I'm getting really tired of these "overly-simplified cartoon" graphics being used. It just feels lazy at this point, and I really don't think it adds much to the game since we've seen it a dozen times before.

This is one company I really hope crashes and burn. Because I'm still hurting from Aliens Colonial Marines.

Looks ok. If it's an MMO or F2P thing, I'll pass. If it's a decent multiplayer or single player game, I might pick it up on sale. Not going to go looking for it by name. But, I'll remember it when it's in the bargain bin. Doesn't look like shit, but isn't a gold nugget either.

Looks ok. If it's an MMO or F2P thing, I'll pass. If it's a decent multiplayer or single player game, I might pick it up on sale. Not going to go looking for it by name. But, I'll remember it when it's in the bargain bin. Doesn't look like shit, but isn't a gold nugget either.

It doesn't look like anything, since there was no gameplay. It could still end up looking like shit.

It doesn't look like anything, since there was no gameplay. It could still end up looking like shit.

It looked like something. No gameplay, but you get an idea of what kind of game it's going to be.

Let's see, what's the best what to sum up what I am thinking? Oh, yes; This:

WTF did I just watch?

It's basically a FPS MOBA style game according to some article (Gameinformer I believe).

Gearbox lost all credibility and value to me since Aliens Colonial marines.

It's basically a FPS MOBA style game according to some article (Gameinformer I believe).

Gearbox lost all credibility and value to me since Aliens Colonial marines.

I thought they lost that when they released that abomination DNF?

So you know you have a terrible game trailer when you cant even tell what type of game it is from watching. I'm guessing its a MOBA but you really cant tell from just watching the video.

Kind of looks like the type of game trailer you would see for the next Final Fantasy game. It is just weird.

I don't even know what kind of game it is going to be, other than it has shooting of some sort. It looked like a poorly done DotA2 trailer.

probably a first or third person moba like super Monday night combat or smite. I base this one the mass of enemies that are apparently creeps supplemented with other "heros"

Another use of the word "hero" while marketing this game earns a cockpunch. Hero-shooter? So much douchebaggery.

And that trailer was horrible. Unless the game is horrible, then I guess it properly informed me.

Great artwork design philosophy... could have a character squeezing out shiny bubbly turds out at the insect mushroom thingys.

If I could play as the beetle that took up a third of the trailer though, now we would be talking.

Was it just me or did it look like the heroes were lazily swatting away the bug-things with their sword with no appearance of any effort involved?

We don't need more Cookie Cutter Mobas. We already got LoL and the new Blizzard one coming out.

... And Smite. And Orcs Must Die Unchained. And Dead Island Epidemic, and ..

Honestly I don't get the hard-on developers suddenly have for MOBA's. Was there a memo that went out at the last GDC suggesting a race to the bottom for mindless online battle arenas? I am sick and disgust.

Back