Dell Replacement for U3011 - Suggestions?

dcho

Limp Gawd
Hei,

Due to issues with my U3011, Dell has agreed to replace it. But as the U3011's are no longer in production, I have the option of getting a U3014 or something comparably valued.

What would you do in my situation? The U3014 is LED, which is nice, but I've read about the bad input lag which is worse than the 3011, which is no champ to begin with.

Resolution has to be 1440p at a minimum, and my system has no issues driving 1600p with a comfortable margin. Selling the new unit off is an option, but not preferred as I'm sure shipping will be expensive.

Thots thots thots?

I had the same situation but with U2408 and got a U2410, and have no regrets. I would probably get the new display. If you are using it for gaming only I would sell it and then maybe get the new Asus 27" with Gsync if you are an Nvidia user.

Get a 3014, sell it (it sucks) since it has a high re-sale value and get one of the many vastly superior 27" 1440p AHVA/IPS/PLS monitors or the PG278Q. Best 2560x1440 Monitors. The 3014's really obvious overshoot ghosting is what ruins it, the game mode has almost no input lag but uses the wrong color gamut for games, has locked color controls and mediocre colors.

I agree .....
Get the replacement and resell to get maximum return on investment
Your going to take a hit on its value but the tradeoff is you get what you want for little or no financial loss
You might even make money since the still sell new for $1,189.00 @ egg
Good Luck

thanks all.. I've decided on the U3014. I think I will try it and if the ghosting / overshoot really is a bad as what people make it to be, then I'll sell it and quit the hobby.

jk.

but thank you!

btw, what happened to your U3011? What went wrong?

my U3011 started displaying vertical / horizontal lines after a period of use, so I requested a replacement under warranty. I went through FOUR (refurbished) replacements which all had dead / stuck pixels, artifacts, and in the latest, flickering - despite promises by call center pit bosses that the monitors would be inspected to the highest of QA/QC standards. a real PITA, since its a bulky monitor to be boxing, unboxing, and shipping.

just received it. input lag actually seems to be improved over the U3011 but... HOLY BACKLIGHT BLEED :mad:

Damn sorry to hear it. Seems like quality control for displays has been really lacking over the past couple years. I miss the days when you could order a Dell UltraSharp and have no worries.

Damn sorry to hear it. Seems like quality control for displays has been really lacking over the past couple years. I miss the days when you could order a Dell UltraSharp and have no worries.

thanks. it does seem like it.though completely non-technical, the colors do feel 'richer' and the input lag is reduced. I think it will hold me over until the ROG swift is well reviewed and available :)

Get the U3014. In game mode has one of the lowest, if not the lowest, input lag around.

Back