Qnix or Crossover

Midnite8

Limp Gawd
I have been researching korean monitors and am not sure which is best for my use. Currently I have a Viewsonic VA2248, 19' HP monitor, and want to buy a 1440p monitor. I have 7970s in Xfire right now, so I know I need to use atleast one Minidisplay port in order to plug all 3 monitors in the main card(XFX Double D 7970 Black Edition).

I want to overclock the monitor to atleast 96hz. I don't play games that often but usually if I do, I play FPS, Watch Dogs, BF3. Should I go for the QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll DP Multi or the CROSSOVER 27QW DP?

I am not that invested in the overclockable ability as I am only a light gamer now, can the crossover still overclock, which has better picture?

As with anything else overclocking is not guaranteed. Some monitors of each of these brand do not overclock or do so very poorly.

I would not make it a selling point for either monitor since over clocking is such a grab bag.

the single input dvi models are the only ones that overclock. as for which one has the better picture i can't tell you. ncx or bluesun should be able to, though, as i think they've used both.

All of the 1440p Korean AH-IPS panels use Plasma Deposition Coating which makes blacks look grayish and dark scenes look washed out.

The 27QW DP along with the 2755/63AMG offer the best colors, but worst perceived black levels since they use Plasma Deportation Coating.

Not caring about overclocking is silly since the overclock-able panels offer nearly as good colors, but much better perceived blacks and are similarly priced. The glossy Yamakasi Catleap can be purchased for 420$ from Green-Sum currently and is the best alternative to the Korean AH-IPS panels.

Review links for almost all of the monitors mentioned above can be found here.

So the single input models are the ONLY ones that can overclock? Since I want to use 3 monitors with my Xfire 7970s, this requires me to use one minidisplay port. If I buy a single input, DVI, I would need to spend atleast $100 for an active mini-displayport to DVI adapter.

Only the single input monitors overclock and I don't understand why you would want to spend 100$ when you could connect the 1440p monitor to a dual link dvi port and use a 10$ Mini DP-HDMI or DVI adapter with the Viewsonic or HP

I've read the mini-dp to DVI or whatever are really unreliable and don't work very well. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
just use dvi with the viewsonic, dvi with the qnix/crossover, and hdmi with the hp.

I have a mac mini (mini DP) and a win7 box (dvi). I need to switch between the two machines. What monitor would you recommend?

I've been looking at the Qnix QX2710 (with DP) and Crossover 27QW, but also the Green ITC A-MVA monitor.

Back