30 Best Original Game Boy Games of All Times

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Nostalgia seems to be the theme lately with gamers, so to keep in the spirit, Digital Trends has put together a list of the 30 best original Game Boy games of all times. From a list of 30, there’s bound to be several of your favorites in there and if not, feel free to jump in with your own.

Loved Final Fantasy Legend by odd mistake, it was nothing like the Final Fantasy games I was accustomed to but it was the first game that I played where you could actually have monsters in your party, and the whole evolution bit by eating other monster meat was absolutely the best ever. Really got me interested in other RPGs that used monsters as the main characters, Dragon Quest Monster series later became one of the best for me.

Also FFL games predated Pokemon by years even though Pokemon has a much larger following I never liked the Pokemon way of doing things though, "Oh hey I have 6 monsters ready to battle... but I'll just let them go one at a time".

super mario land is garbage and the list is missing "Chikyuu Kaihou Gun ZAS". certainly the best shmup on the system

If I ever become a billionaire I will buy GameFreak and make a PC pokemon game with the same level or better visuals as Skyrim in a world at least four times bigger.

I will then sit back and watch the cash roll in.

No doubt. Tetris should have been #1 followed by Pokemon at #2.

Looking back I'm kind of sad I went with the Game Gear instead. Never owned a Game Boy of any generation, but I played a lot of Wario and Pokemon.

hF207EFE6

Fullmetal-Alchemist.jpg

Now love for Pokemon Yellow? By far my favourite handheld game of all time. (Even if Red/Blue did have that rare candy cheat...)

I think some people are a little confused by the definition of original. This is a list of the best original games for the GB, not the best games of all time on the GB. Big difference.

I think some people are a little confused by the definition of original. This is a list of the best original games for the GB, not the best games of all time on the GB. Big difference.

what? best original games? how can they be unoriginal? they mean games for the original game boy according to the title (excluding game boy color etc). not sure who is confused :p

This is a list of the best games for the original Gameboy (e.g. games released from 1989 to 1998 when the GB Color was released. I think the first paragraph of the article explains this.

what? best original games? how can they be unoriginal? they mean games for the original game boy according to the title (excluding game boy color etc). not sure who is confused :p

Oh crap. I was the one confused for sure then. I totally thought it meant original games IE games developed specifically for the GB and it's limited hardware/mobility. Oops.

This is a list of the best games for the original Gameboy (e.g. games released from 1989 to 1998 when the GB Color was released. I think the first paragraph of the article explains this.

I didn't read the whole article. I just scrolled through the list of games and only read the descriptions of games that I had owned or played before in the past. :eek:

The Original Gameboy was my favorite handheld gaming device. I did not know they had RC Pro Am on it but, Super Mario World should be on that list.

Back