EA Blames a 'System Error' That Charged $5 for Demos

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
File this report under the heading of Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus for the reality factor. :D If you have a ‘free’ download of FIFA 14 or EA Sports UFC, you may have been charged $4.99 for the game(s) due to an ‘error in the system’.

EA admits that the charge was due to an "error in the system" and has said that the games have been restored to free of charge.

An "error in the system", eh?

I think there's an error in the management of that company.

no where does it say that the people who bought this are being refunded..

Hey EA, GO TO HELL.

Seriously, Origin sucks and I'm not interested in anything you're selling.

Ya'll are pretty quick to hate, eh?

I know EA does some pretty stupid crap, but I think this was probably a legitimate error. The exact same demos on PS4 were free since they were available. If they were planning to charge for a demo, they would have done so on both platforms, no?

Your pretty quick to defend. EA deserves NO SYMPATHY until they 1) change their management 2) Change their business practices.

They should give the full copies of the games to the people that got this $5 dollar charge on mistake for. This would be the right thing to do.

Your pretty quick to defend. EA deserves NO SYMPATHY until they 1) change their management 2) Change their business practices.

I'm not saying they deserve sympathy for anything, but I also think people are quick to over react. What does a change in management and new business practices have anything to do with this? That may be true, but neither of those things have anything to do with a pricing error.

If they truly intended to get $5 for a game demo, that's obviously horse shit and they would deserve whatever flak came their way. But with the evidence at hand, I really don't think that was the intention. Also, i've not seen anyone actually say that they bought it.

Back