Third Party Sniper Elite 3 Steam Codes Being Revoked

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
There could be trouble ahead for those of you who purchased Elite 3 Steam keys from a third party source. Seems that someone has been selling less than legitimate copies of the game and Rebellion and Steam are trying to rectify the problem, so read on.

Of course, you may find that you get a refund rather than a replacement, and then you’ll miss out on your pre-order bonus of the Target Hitler DLC mission.

First... its one of those cases penny wise, pound foolish, ooops guess it wasn't such a great deal (in this case).

On the other hand, doesn't seem like "anyone" is the culprit according to the article.

Vendors are reporting keys stolen from inside of cases or leaked? umm wouldn't you know... if they were leaked you would have cases and keys in stock correct?

Online key sales sites say they bought from reputable vendors. ok who did they buy from?

I'm thinking the real motivation Valve has behind this is to give a reason to kill non-steam purchasing (will they decide to start disabling keys sold by humble bundle packages in the future too?).

Rebellion has already put a statement out saying if your key got revoked then talk to your seller about getting a refund and then you can email them about still getting your pre-order dlc.

I'm thinking the real motivation Valve has behind this is to give a reason to kill non-steam purchasing (will they decide to start disabling keys sold by humble bundle packages in the future too?).

:rolleyes: Yes we can all conclude this is exactly what is going to happen after reading this article. Obviously this is setup by valve as one of their plans to start revoking legit keys that they themselves make money off of as well as disallowing keys that they allowed to be originally sold. Brilliant.

:rolleyes: Yes we can all conclude this is exactly what is going to happen after reading this article. Obviously this is setup by valve as one of their plans to start revoking legit keys that they themselves make money off of as well as disallowing keys that they allowed to be originally sold. Brilliant.

It's a matter of greed progression and steam is well into it. This occurrence is the open door they will likely use to promote killing off physical media sales as well as third parties that sell steam enabled keys.

It's a matter of greed progression and steam is well into it. This occurrence is the open door they will likely use to promote killing off physical media sales as well as third parties that sell steam enabled keys.

Holy Shit. Of all the conspiracies, in all the countries, in the whole world. The one you lock onto is that Valve, who have repeatedly demonstrated more good will towards the gaming community than all the other publishers combined, is being greedy and abolishing outside purchases. Well played sir, I tip my tin foil hat too you.

Holy Shit. Of all the conspiracies, in all the countries, in the whole world. The one you lock onto is that Valve, who have repeatedly demonstrated more good will towards the gaming community than all the other publishers combined, is being greedy and abolishing outside purchases. Well played sir, I tip my tin foil hat too you.

Why does everyone lick the balls of Valve like they came to their birthday parties when they were young? Why does everyone not believe the Valve is a business and is here to make money not coddle you?

Why does everyone lick the balls of Valve like they came to their birthday parties when they were young? Why does everyone not believe the Valve is a business and is here to make money not coddle you?

Because Valve has let their actions speak for them (just like the other publishers have) ... Steam isn't perfect but they are much more gamer centric than any of the other distributors ... they have earned the respect and trust we give them ... what have they done to you to make you so suspicious of their motives ;)

Don't waste your breath. These "Wah wah wah Valve" brain surgeons apparently don't understand that shady key seller websites in china and russia trying to profit from selling regionalized keys to outside regions is a practice that fucks over everyone.

I guess part of it is that I don't live just down the street from Valve like YOU do. So they did not break into my house and violate my dog, till she's pregnant. Steal my car and run around town with it, till its outta gas. Drink all my beer in the fridge, even the one hidden in the bottom drawer. And dropped a loose stool on my head why I was still sleeping, and some got in my mouth.

I am certain that all of these horrible things must of happened to those people that hate on Valve so much, I mean hell they are just a game publisher.

If Valve did something wrong, then we can discuss about it, but that's not the case here. Games from cd-key sites getting disabled is nothing new here, it's a shady practice and sometimes there are sites that sell stolen keys and stuff like that. It's a risk people have to take if they wish to purchase these cheap keys.

Personally I'd prefer waiting for sales.

Valve does this without notifying the account that anything happened. You'll have the game one day and then the next day it'll disappear. That's their shitty customer service for you. It's as if Gabe McFatty is sitting at a PC with a list of accounts in his fat sweaty hand with a pizza slice in the other and going thru it manually removing the game. You're telling me they have the means to remove games from people's accounts retroactively yet they can't prevent it when someone tries to register the key in their library or even notify the user that a game has been removed from their account for whatever reason.

Tha game is nothing special and always has been crap. The "sniper" theme is their claim to fame yet there is nothing technical about sniping in the game, you might as well be playing Call of Duty running around the map MLG360nosc0ping everyone.

^ ofcourse if Origin or UBISoft or just about any other company pulled shit like this off everyone would scream bloody murder, but hey since it's Valve it's ok!

Skyrim got yanked from my Steam when I bought a grey market key. It sucks a lot to lose money on a game & have no way of getting it back. The requirement of proof w/ such keys is that you have the original disc & key available. Since I couldn't do that, they wouldn't restore the game. I do own the game from when there was a sale but I'm generally not fond of an unannounced removal of a game I was playing.

Back