Windows 8.1 Update 2 likely Hit RTM, Could Debut in July

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It’s time again to begin second guessing Microsoft on what the corporation might have up its sleeve as far as updates on Windows 8.1 and Windows 9 are concerned. The Russian super-leaker Wzor, who by the way is uncannily correct in his predictions, has pegged announcements on both operating systems coming on July 13-17 at the Worldwide Partner Conference.

That rumor about Windows 8.1 Update 3? It's looking less and less likely, from what I hear. It's probably all heads down as we charge toward the first Windows 9 leaks.

Wonder if it will be a disaster like the first update that refused to install. Only after weeks of searching did I find a fix.

besides not having the menu back. what else is new? or is it anything new?

Windows 8 update 1 was the defining moment for the OS. It fixed a lot of things that were wrong and made it faster. Hopefully Update 2 does not reverse the effects.

Windows 8 update 1 was the defining moment for the OS. It fixed a lot of things that were wrong and made it faster. Hopefully Update 2 does not reverse the effects.

I personally found windows 8 (original release) to be faster than my previous OS on every machine I installed it on.

I personally found windows 8 (original release) to be faster than my previous OS on every machine I installed it on.

Also, it remains that was as well over time. I realize some might think it is just a fresh OS install speed boost but, I would strongly disagree with them based on my professional experience.

That and I just do not want to reinstall my OS anymore like I used to do back in the day. (Just because I wanted to back in the day, not because I had to.)

Back