Battlefield Hardline PC Beta Instant Access

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Battlefield Hardline PC Beta is now open to everyone. The folks at DICE are offering up goodies as incentive as well:

Battlefield Hardline Beta Rewards. Just for signing up you’ll receive:

• Instant Access into the Battlefield Hardline beta for PC (when selecting PC as your platform)
  • Weapon camo/skin in Battlefield Hardline
  • Weapon sight in Battlefield Hardline
  • Additional Battlefield Hardline content
  • Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4

Note: The Battlefield Hardline gear will be available when the game releases on October 21, 2014. The Battlefield 4 unique dog tag will be available in the game next month. Those freebies not enough for you? We got you covered. Battlefield Hardline Beta Challenges

• Reach Rank 10, Get a Special Battlepack at Launch: Score a special Battlepack in the retail launch of Battlefield Hardline by reaching rank 10 during the beta. (This reward is open to both PC and PS4 players.)
  • Enable Facebook Sharing, Get $1K In-Game Cash: Enable Facebook Sharing when firing up Battlefield Hardline or through the in-game Options and land yourself $1K in-game cash to spend on additional weapons and gadgets. (This reward is open to both PC and PS4 players.)

Gear up and prepare for war on the streets of Los Angeles like you’ve never seen.

Does anyone think think will be any good? I have my doubts... BF4 wasn't that long ago (not all the DLC has been released) and I am really not buying the cops vs robbers aspect in a BF game, I think PayDay 2 does this better.

Its smells like EA is looking for a payday riding the coattails of Payday (2).

I would have a preferred a return to a WWII era.

I don't get my panties in a wad about things like most people do on here. Still having a lot of fun with BF4.

However, if there is one thing I despise it is yearly releases. I think a game like BF can be on a 2-3 year cycle with good support and shit I will even pay for good DLC that people bitch about.

Played it for an hour last night. Frankly, it feels like it should be a DLC for BF4 (or even a mod). It's just a cops and robbers skin with some CTF variations. The graphics are turned down so it looks like a last-gen game.

Might be worth a stand along game if the gameplay was completely different. I would suggest NPC bystanders like in GTA and more involved requirements for grabbing the loot than just shoot the other team.

Played it... SNORE!

Same shitty net code as BF4, many shared assets as BF4. The two "new" modes are extremely LAME..

Blood money is king of the hill with a recovery aspect. Teams spawn there is a stack of cash in the middle and two vaults to take it to (one for each team). 1st to five million wins. You can also steal from the enemy vault.

This is fun till you realize 10 guys can win the round in under a minute with team work.

Heist mode is a scripted beginning of two armored cars stopping, then the robbers set explosives and defend till they explode. Then you have to take the loot back to both A and B exit points. Not that fun, plus when defending the explosives you can not see anyone standing next to it because of this HUGE pillar of light projecting from it.

Battlefield is dead to me, PASS.

I think it's kinda fun for a match or two (and that's it) on the PS4. Otherwise, there's minimal sniping locations on the current map which sucks, and it turns into a lot of CODesque- I saw you first so you are for sure dead type of shooting.

Played it for an hour last night. Frankly, it feels like it should be a DLC for BF4 (or even a mod). It's just a cops and robbers skin with some CTF variations. The graphics are turned down so it looks like a last-gen game.

Might be worth a stand along game if the gameplay was completely different. I would suggest NPC bystanders like in GTA and more involved requirements for grabbing the loot than just shoot the other team.

This was my feeling as well. Played for an hour or so last night. This should be a mod or DLC, not a standalone game. I played on 4 different servers and it was nothing but FFA, no team cooperation or anything. Not impressed.

Looks like EA has their replacement for the Medal of Honor clunker to put out every other year...

in-game cash?

You have to spend real money to buy stuff ??

I think they do have the option to buy stuff with real money just like you can in BF4, but no, it's not like you think. As you rank up and progress you get ingame cash which allows you to buy weapons and stuff for your character. In BF4 you just rank up and unlock them where as in Hardline you actually get to choose what to spend your points. It's not like you think.

Also, i agree with the posts above. This game is not very good in my opinion. It's different than BF, and I'm sure some people prefer this over BF4, but I am not one of them. This game is way overpriced and should be an add-on for no more than $30, and that might even be a little steep. The fact they are charging $60 and have a Premium pack is insane.

Played for an hour over the weekend, found it to be very boring. It should of been an Add-on like BF Vietnam was for BFBC2. I will not be spending my money on this game.

Slowest run speed I have ever played in an FPS. It's like I'm set to hobble and if I hold shift my guy walks. Really annoying.

I got into the Closed Beta last week, and I must say the game exceeded my fairly low expectations. While yes, it's basically a re-skin of BF4, I really do enjoy the two game types they have offered so far.

The first one, Blood Money, is just a capture type game mode where the cops and criminals both work to return money to their base from a neutral cash placement on the map. First one to recover $5m wins, but you can steal from each others bases, or kill those who are carrying cash, and pick it up, then return it to your base.

The second one, Heist is a defend/attack type game mode where the cops are trying to keep the criminals from stealing two briefcases at two separate locations. Once/if the criminals retrieve a case they must bring it to either of the two checkpoints on the map, A or B. Once/if a case makes it to a checkpoint, the second case cannot be brought to the same checkpoint. Of course the cops can kill the criminals carrying the case, and then the case will be dropped at that point and reset after about 20 seconds.

Both game modes feature a multitude of vehicles including: SUVs with Miniguns attached to the roof (both sides), Mobile Command Posts (driveable spawn points for your team), attack vehicles with grenade launchers on the roof (both sides), Motorcycles (both sides) Police Cruisers for the cops, Sedans, which are 4 seater cars with normal speed (for the criminals), and Muscle Cars, which are two seater cars, but are blazing fast (for the criminals), Scout helis armed with miniguns and 20mm cannons (both sides) and transport helis with manual-operated miniguns (both sides).

I am really enjoying the new equipment as well which includes Riot Shields (good for pressing forward in close quarters), Tasers (used to "knock down" oppenents, where you can then arrest them [can be lethal if you hold down the fire button]), Bats and Police Batons which are used to subdue and detain opponents (but still considered a kill) and allows the user to "interrogate" the captured opponent to reveal enemies for a short amount of time in a small radius. You can also use a knife to kill an opponent (with an awesome and new attack animation), but arresting/detaining is more fun. The Zip line and Grappling hooks are a little wonky. The zip line is more or less useful for traversing across rooftops (as long as the building you are zip lining to is lower than the one you are standing on), but otherwise not very useful (AFAIK). Grappling hook is weird too, most surfaces that you can use it on already have ladders, or a way to access the top, and I haven't found a resourceful way to use it so I tend to ignore it as well. The new self-reviving pen for medics is a little cheap, or at least right now it is, but as people become more and more aware of it the less effective it will be. The sniper classes trip mines are quite useful for protecting or defending, and the camera allows for surveillance of an objective.

There is also a new kill streak type deal, where if you gain enough points from doing objectives you can select to "upgrade" certain things pertaining to your class for the rest of the round/match. For example, with the engineer you can choose to either repair faster with your repair tool, or increase the speed at which the vehicles repair themselves.

Overall I don't believe it's going to be worth $60, but who knows? They'll probably add a lot more features (hopefully). The beta is worth a shot, it performs fluidly unlike the BF4 beta, and can be really fun and have many intense moments (mainly in heist).

Played it... SNORE!

Same shitty net code as BF4.

Wrong. It received the high-frequency update (aka netcode patch) last night, same one BF4 received a few weeks ago.

I know it's hip among gamerkids to bash the game but FUD undermines and valid criticism.

Liked what I saw with Hardline preview video and cop-robber story line in a city environment but it didn't pan out when I actually played the beta. Played it a few times then stopped because it didn't have the fun factor.

To me it needs some cell shading or something to give it a different look than BF4. Characters to me feel like they are running through molasses.(slow) This is just a cops and robbers game, it doesn't have to be so life like, like BF4. Just my opinion.

holy shit it is a pile of crap i dled it played both modes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand deleted it

Back