Domino's Pizza Hackers Demand $40K Ransom

HardOCP News

[H] News
What is the best way to get caught committing a crime? Demand a ransom. :rolleyes:

The hackers are now demanding a ransom of €30,000 ($40,000) to release the data. If Domino's does not pay the ransom by 20:00 CET tonight, they say they will post the entirety of the data in their possession on the Internet

If you do not pay our ransom within 30 minutes, we will expose the data for free, guaranteed!!!

I've been seeing a lot of these "ransom" viruses going around lately; with all the anonymous money exchanges, I think we will see more and more of them. A local company lost 10+ years of data to one of these viruses because it encrypted their data and went undetected for months. We've recently implemented an archival backup solution, just in case...

Could actually be bad for Dominos if they do this......I mean release all the passwords

Their plan is perfect you know except for the part where they actually think Dominos has $40,000

I mean come on anyone who had actually bothered to try their "pizza" first would realize they can't have sold more than like ten of those things to actual people

Dominos changed their recipe about two years back it's pretty decent now =)
Pizza Hut is where it's at except for the plastic chemical they use in their cheese.

Most chain/delivery pizza places are pretty gross. Even the once decent take-n-bake places are going down hill. Maybe my tastes have changed, but I'm finding it harder and harder to tolerate these places.

Most chain/delivery pizza places are pretty gross. Even the once decent take-n-bake places are going down hill. Maybe my tastes have changed, but I'm finding it harder and harder to tolerate these places.

Less money spent on ingredients because of increased food prices, combined with a workforce that doesn't give a fuck. Recipe for success.

Yup and the good one that was in my area closed (Homemade Pizza Co.)

Their plan is perfect you know except for the part where they actually think Dominos has $40,000

I mean come on anyone who had actually bothered to try their "pizza" first would realize they can't have sold more than like ten of those things to actual people

I think it depends on the specific Dominos in your area.

I worked at a Dominos quite a few years back. They had the best pizza around except for the really expensive places. Both managers had been there over 10 years and they were the ones that made the pizzas.

The one closest to my house where I live now is pretty good as well.

Domino's is actually pretty good compared to most crap out there.

I really like Dominos pizza :c

Probably going to release info that the pizza crust has as much cardboard in it then the box that holds the pizza.

Here's the problem with digital data ransom, there can be infinite copies. So if Dominos pays up, what stops them from doing it again next month with the same data?

Dominos should just reset all passwords now.

yea, since they changed, I like their pizza now. Before it was kinda subpar.

Subpar? They used to not even put real cheese on it 2 years ago! I say pizza with fake cheese is below subpar.

Subpar? They used to not even put real cheese on it 2 years ago! I say pizza with fake cheese is below subpar.

Ehh, I would say it deserved to be ranked as subpar. The new recipe is much better though. This kind of reminds me of real sugar vs HFS. To be honest, the difference is there but it's not some magical difference. Either one is going to be bad for you if you have too much of it.

They need to ban paying these ransoms. Once the ransom money dries up, there will be less of these kind of attacks.

Okay, I'm from Chicago. So I'm a pizza snob.

About 5 years ago, I'd have turned my nose up at Domino's. I'd rather eat dog vomit than Papa John's. And I'd rather run, naked, into the Senate screaming "Et tu Brute!" while everyone pulls a knife than eat Little Caesar's.

However, Domino's changed their recipe a few years back.
And while, not on-par with most of the really decent places out here, it's decent, edible pizza for cheap.

A small Cheese pizza and a six pack of cola from one of the local joints runs about $25+ tip.
A large (roughly the same physical size) Cheese pizza an order of bread bites and a 2 liter of cola from Domino's runs about $16+ tip.

So Domino's brings more food for less, is still edible, and allows me to eat pizza more often.

I'd rather have Papa John's than Domino's or Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut and Domino's are worse than subpar around here.
If you want decent pizza, you go to Angie's or Peppe and Luigi's but both are crazy expensive for just a pizza.

If 45,050 hackers stole information from Dominos, Dominos could pay each of the 45,050 hackers approximately 40,000$ with 1 years worth of revenue

On a side note, does anyone actually give a shit that some hackers have their address, phone number, email and favorite pizza toppings? seriously who cares? What are they going to do, go door to door demanding like 7 cents from each of the 600,000 people?

They could sell this stuff to some spam company for more than 40K, I wouldn't even notice if they sold the information to a spammer, I get so many calls for people I have never heard of in my life.

Hello Mr. Vasta, we are leaving this message because we heard you enjoy green peppers on your Dominos pizza, well let me tell you about an amazing investment opportunity in green peppers that just opened up (long, horseshit pitch here)....all we need is $5,000 and by the end of the year we will quadruple your investment...

Or an email that goes right into the spam folder....who cares

Back