The 15 Best Games Of E3 2014

HardOCP News

[H] News
What do you think of this guy's list of the "best" games of E3 2014?

Here, in no particular, are my 15 favourite games from the show floor. I'm pleased with the variety and there were more than a few that didn't make the cut. And just as a disclaimer, there are only games that you could see up close at E3.

If DA:I can even just remotely live up to the hype, it will be epic.

Out of that list, I'm lookin forward to Batman and Witcher. On PC, of course.

For those w/o access at work maybe:

- Batman Arkham Knight
- Splatoon
- Rainbow Six Seige
- Dragon Age Inquisition
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Witcher 3
- Destiny
- Forza Horizon 2
- Sunset Overdrive
- Eve Valkyrie
- Evolve
- Alien Isolation
- Bloodborne
- Metal Gear Solid V

Can I have this guys job? Must be a hard job being a video game editor in your 40s..

Another one that had presence at E3 but no mention: Richard Garriott's Shroud of The Avatar. Soooo anxious for this one. Glad to see RG keeping the Ultima series alive, in a sense.

WoW 15. I would have had a hard time coming up with 1. Some reason that list is missing a lot of Nintendo games. Many people would consider Nintendo to be the big winner of E3.

WoW 15. I would have had a hard time coming up with 1. Some reason that list is missing a lot of Nintendo games. Many people would consider Nintendo to be the big winner of E3.

Based on? I can't really think of much of anything Nintendo brought to the table. Zelda being the lone exception but it is so early in development it doesn't really count.

All the games in that list of 15 are shit until proven otherwise. While I'm looking forward to a few of them, I refuse to get hyped until I see an actual game that isn't bad. Too many over hyped, over marketed garbage game now, I'm jaded. :D

All of which will have 1/2 the graphics quality when they're actually released for real.

That's E3 for you!

Sadly, Yoshi's Wooly World is the only game in this list that seems somewhat interesting to me. Well, RPG and crappy console shooter fans are probably happy.

The list should read:
"Top 15 games at E3 companies paid me to talk about"

For those w/o access at work maybe:

- Batman Arkham Knight
- Splatoon
- Rainbow Six Seige
- Dragon Age Inquisition
- Yoshi's Wooly World
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Witcher 3
- Destiny
- Forza Horizon 2
- Sunset Overdrive
- Eve Valkyrie
- Evolve
- Alien Isolation
- Bloodborne
- Metal Gear Solid V

All that concerns me from E3:
Mass Effect 4
Batman Arkham Knight
Destiny
Forza Horizon 2
Evolve
No Man's Sky is a maybe for me. The technology looks interesting but I'm not sure it will be a great game.

Back