Far Cry 4 Gameplay Footage

I like the idea of helicopters and co-op for sure. Too bad there's no co-op for the main storyline, though.

Why does new gameplay footage always have to be uploaded in such awfully compressed quality?

So it only took 4 versions to finally allow you to shoot while driving.

Seems like it could be good, though it doesnt look like have changed up the formula too much.

Seems like it could be good, though it doesnt look like have changed up the formula too much.

Definitely has potential, but from that video, it looks like FarCry 3 in Nepal with some welcome new mechanics (I hope that the truck hijacking is not a one-time ability!)

the graphics look the same as in far cry 3, which isn't a bad thing, but its not really pushing the envelop much further either.

Looks like they improved the textures of the ground. Hard to tell in that compressed you tube video.

Hopefully it doesn't end up like Watch Dogs, where the final version doesn't look nearly as good as the "in-game previews", despite the preview being recorded years earlier.

Hopefully it doesn't end up like Watch Dogs, where the final version doesn't look nearly as good as the "in-game previews", despite the preview being recorded years earlier.

Far Cry 3 was a gorgeous game, IMO. I don't think the visuals will dissapoint.

I will say though, the driving looked like it was microstuttering pretty damn bad.

I like the idea of helicopters and co-op for sure. Too bad there's no co-op for the main storyline, though.
I just hope the co-op works better than the multiplayer mode in Farcry 3. My friend and I still cannot to this day connect to each other no matter what ports are forwarded, antivirus and firewall disabled or whatever voodoo trick suggested. Even on the Ubisoft forums, there were multiple complaints about this, and on the Steam forums for Farcry 3.

Hopefully, Ubisoft fixes this issue especially for Farcry 3 before Farcry 4 is released.

Definitely has potential, but from that video, it looks like FarCry 3 in Nepal with some welcome new mechanics (I hope that the truck hijacking is not a one-time ability!)

There's a video with developer commentary where they discuss that it is a new type of takedown. I'm assuming that means it can be unlocked with the skillpoint system they used in FC3.

The graphics in the developer commentary one (didn't watch this to see if it included that area) seem better when it comes to foilage, trees, and nearby environment (rocks).

There's a video with developer commentary where they discuss that it is a new type of takedown. I'm assuming that means it can be unlocked with the skillpoint system they used in FC3.

The graphics in the developer commentary one (didn't watch this to see if it included that area) seem better when it comes to foilage, trees, and nearby environment (rocks).

Aww that's too had. Spending points on takedowns was pretty lame in fc3

Looks like similar type of mechanics as FC3, liberate the "base" and you get something spiffy or whatever.

Although all that mountain terrain kind of scares me with the "open world" being restricted to a small path that the story takes you. Granted the fly suit allows you to jump off and "warp" to a different location but hope there's more world like around the temple than there is in the mountains.

Hold... square? Ugh, console footage. Hope the PC gets some love right off the bat. 'course the others did right away so I'm not too worried.

Looks pretty cool. I wonder what the system specs are gonna be for Ultra quality.

Bummer. Looks like this game is a no-buy for me.

My head doesnt bob around that much when i walk in a straight line, and my forward speed doesnt vary that much either on flat terrain. Games like that (far cry 2 is the only one i ever encountered) make me motion sick.

Same scripted shit like the previous far crys. It looks fancy but you'll get sick of the linear scripted gameplay.

I think it looks pretty decent. I am not paying $60 for it though, will wait for a sale or a discount from a bundle.

Am I the only person who didn't like FC3? I was very disappointed considering how much I loved Far Cry 1.

One thing developers really need to work on is "weapon bob"...;) It looks so hokey and plodding--I always turn it off, or else way down until it looks somewhat natural. Nobody runs that way...;)

Hold... square? Ugh, console footage. Hope the PC gets some love right off the bat. 'course the others did right away so I'm not too worried.

I noticed it was console footage just by the view movement alone. It was such typical fucking slow joypad movement.

The video quality was shit. I'm not sure exactly how stupid they must be to advertise a game with that.

"You won't really see it but you'll be able to be attacked from above. For the first time ever in a Far Cry game..." Uh... I remember being attacked from helicopters overhead in the first Far Cry... :confused

"You won't really see it but you'll be able to be attacked from above. For the first time ever in a Far Cry game..." Uh... I remember being attacked from helicopters overhead in the first Far Cry... :confused

Yea, I remember loving the area right before you went into the underground bunker to take out the sat dish..There was a small gunboat shooting mortars up at you, and then 2 choppers came in..If you were really quick, you could actually shoot one of the choppers down, but it required like 5 or 6 rockets (meaning you had to reload) before they flew off the screen..FC1 was the :cool:...

Back