EA to Release Battlefield: Hardline on October 21, Unveils Trailer

Oh great, another rush to beat Call of Duty's release date, another broken game.

You'd think EA would learn after the BF3 and 4.

This won't be a day 1 purchase, don't get fucked over by EA. The release of Battlefield 4 should be a prime example...

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

That is all

I like BF4, but have hardly gotten bored of it, and there are new DLC's coming.

Why not give us a HUGE DLC rather than release another game so soon? How about perfect BF4, then work on the next version.

I will not be buying this.

>This soon after BF4
>BF4 isn't even done NOR has all the DLC even been released yet

Holy fuck, I've seen lemmings with more self preservation

... I stopped buying anything EA except for humble bundles partly because of this mentality.

I like BF4, but have hardly gotten bored of it, and there are new DLC's coming.

Why not give us a HUGE DLC rather than release another game so soon? How about perfect BF4, then work on the next version.

I will not be buying this.

They're different games by different studios, under the same branding, not the next version. Bf4 had small launch issues and has been worked on continuously since, improving a lot. I have more than gotten my money's worth from bf4 and premium for $85 total with 130+ hours played and a lot of fun doing so. I bought it as a preorder deal.

They're different games by different studios, under the same branding, not the next version. Bf4 had small launch issues and has been worked on continuously since, improving a lot. I have more than gotten my money's worth from bf4 and premium for $85 total with 130+ hours played and a lot of fun doing so. I bought it as a preorder deal.

"Small" launch issues? LOL. The game was barely playable for the first couple of weeks due to the client crashing, servers crashing, lag spikes, collision problems, audio problems, and so on. The fact that the game worked for a whole half of the player base does not equate to "small problems" and instead pushing it more toward the realm of Ultima 9 as far as playability at launch(funny, that was also an EA game). Hell, they're still trying to get hit detection working reliably in BF4, and after the player base told them LAST YEAR that the tick rate was too low, they've finally started to do something about it(30 being far better than 10, but still pretty low). Currently BF4 has "small issues", but at launch? Hell, there were what 2 lawsuits filed against EA and/or Dice over EA's performance in general, not to mention the misleading marketing of BF4(complete with paid youtube shills) from investors wanting to know why such a project was released in such a piss poor state.

Oh what the hell. I'll jump on the hatewagon.

FUCK EA'S MOTHER IN THE MOUTH.

Sweet, I feel like I belong now.

Who wants to play swords in the bathroom so we can see who the biggest man is.

I played BF4 for a total of about 25 minutes. While this doesn't look terrible. I just don't care anymore.

Hey EA, you reading this? Get your shit together, nobody's falling for your money grab releases anymore. I thought the CEO wanted to turn EA's image around, whoever the dickhead CEO is now.

After the ridiculousness of BF4, I won't be buying that. Plus it looks really lame. A real easy pass for me.

EA finally broke me after BF3. I didn't buy BF4 and after seeing this... yeah this is the final milking of a dead franchise.

Or at least the death of gameplay.

Whatever. Don't think I've touched an EA game in over a year now. Don't miss it.

Lol look at :18 in the video, they couldn't even get the animation right for the trailer, the character's gun is offset like 3 inches behind his hands xD

I can't even tell you how long its been since I've bought a Call of Daycare or Battlefield game.
Last EA games I bought were Deadspace 1&2 on a Steam sale.
I won't ever use Origin, its a tool of Satan. At least with Steam there's a chance to get your money back if the game is busted or didn't come as advertised. Origin you get told to f#ck off then get your account banned.
Nope.

I can't even tell you how long its been since I've bought a Call of Daycare or Battlefield game.
Last EA games I bought were Deadspace 1&2 on a Steam sale.
I won't ever use Origin, its a tool of Satan. At least with Steam there's a chance to get your money back if the game is busted or didn't come as advertised. Origin you get told to f#ck off then get your account banned.
Nope.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? Steam does NO refunds. There are only a handful of cases where anyone got a refund and that is when they pull the actual game off of the steam store. Ask all the people who couldn't/can't play ghosts, none of them got a refund. Before you spout bullshit at least make sure it's correct.

/rant

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? Steam does NO refunds. There are only a handful of cases where anyone got a refund and that is when they pull the actual game off of the steam store. Ask all the people who couldn't/can't play ghosts, none of them got a refund. Before you spout bullshit at least make sure it's correct.

/rant

Apparently you forgot Sim City. EA doesn't care about their users in any shape or form. The ONLY way people got refunds on Sim City is if they bought through Amazon, then Amazon PAID CUSTOMERS BACK from their own money until EA caved from getting ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS YANKED and reimbursed Amazon. Everyone who bought through EA was SOL.
And check the Steam TOS, yes, they DO refund for broken games.
No one is making shit up, please go back to your job at EA and let them know we don't care to the point we won't get Origin accounts no matter how many free games they give because the way they treat their customers.

hey look. car chases, lots of cutscenes, and that bullet time shit. (I forgot what it's called where you press the button they tell you to press during slo mo. Someone tell me what the term is again. My memory sucks.)

Nope, no thanks, that was a sorry excuse for a trailer that didn't even look good. Looked like an 2004 high school project. Whats up with all the urban junkie poorly made games here lately.

PC games and gaming is not dead but PC game developers sure are dropping the ball.

"Small" launch issues? LOL. The game was barely playable for the first couple of weeks due to the client crashing, servers crashing, lag spikes, collision problems, audio problems, and so on. The fact that the game worked for a whole half of the player base does not equate to "small problems" and instead pushing it more toward the realm of Ultima 9 as far as playability at launch(funny, that was also an EA game). Hell, they're still trying to get hit detection working reliably in BF4, and after the player base told them LAST YEAR that the tick rate was too low, they've finally started to do something about it(30 being far better than 10, but still pretty low). Currently BF4 has "small issues", but at launch? Hell, there were what 2 lawsuits filed against EA and/or Dice over EA's performance in general, not to mention the misleading marketing of BF4(complete with paid youtube shills) from investors wanting to know why such a project was released in such a piss poor state.

Nice rant, but fact is the vast majority of players including myself were able to login and play with minor-to-small issues at worst at launch, and not many more through the present. Some people had crashes from overclocking with the handful that really did have legitimate crashing issues, and the other problems only affected various people at random and again a small number compared to the millions playing the game.

They've now indeed added a high tickrate option that improves hit detection but it was 100% fun and playable before anyway. Regarding lawsuits, people sue over EVERYTHING, you can't cite that as any evidence of the project being good or bad. Speaking of paid forum & youtube shills, AMD does that too (they even have a website you can sign up on to get rewards points for your shilling for free gear and equipment!) yet they get a free pass around here... where is everyone's outrage on that? Oh, wait, it's not EA, so it's not cool to hate on, I guess?

On a scale of Fallout New Vegas to Ruins of Myth Drannor, how broken will this one be? I'm putting it down for somewhere around KOTOR2.

Apparently you forgot Sim City. EA doesn't care about their users in any shape or form. The ONLY way people got refunds on Sim City is if they bought through Amazon, then Amazon PAID CUSTOMERS BACK from their own money until EA caved from getting ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS YANKED and reimbursed Amazon. Everyone who bought through EA was SOL.
And check the Steam TOS, yes, they DO refund for broken games.
No one is making shit up, please go back to your job at EA and let them know we don't care to the point we won't get Origin accounts no matter how many free games they give because the way they treat their customers.

You have absolutely NO idea of what you are talking about.

EA/Origin have a perfectly clear and written Return policy (http://help.ea.com/en/article/returns-and-cancellations/)
I've personally used this to return a game, and it works.

Steam on the other hand, has NO clear/written Return policy. In fact, you will never get a refund unless there is a HUGE community backlash, and even then, it still takes a ridiculously long time to process (see The WarZ debacle).

Fact of the matter is, Origin is actually more customer oriented with a live chat and a clear Refund policy than Steam is (ever tried emailing Steam support? or how your Steam account does not equate to an account in their actual "support" forum?).

If you do not use Origin for personal/useless client/malware reasons - whatever, but please don't go spreading drivel that is just blatantly wrong.
Personally, I think Origin is a decent client, where I have had much better (and timely) experiences using the support channels than with Steam.

I have my doubts at first I think this game is a reality sunken ship with frostbite prowess.
Don't think I'll buy it cause some guy said something about GTA. That was my first impression I like fantasy games or reality games that are unlike morning talk radio.

>This soon after BF4
>BF4 isn't even done NOR has all the DLC even been released yet

Holy fuck, I've seen lemmings with more self preservation

Maybe because they're two different games, partnered with a new studio, aimed at a totally different audience?

This is not BF5 or BC3.

Nice rant, but fact is the vast majority of players including myself were able to login and play with minor-to-small issues at worst at launch, and not many more through the present. Some people had crashes from overclocking with the handful that really did have legitimate crashing issues, and the other problems only affected various people at random and again a small number compared to the millions playing the game.

They've now indeed added a high tickrate option that improves hit detection but it was 100% fun and playable before anyway. Regarding lawsuits, people sue over EVERYTHING, you can't cite that as any evidence of the project being good or bad. Speaking of paid forum & youtube shills, AMD does that too (they even have a website you can sign up on to get rewards points for your shilling for free gear and equipment!) yet they get a free pass around here... where is everyone's outrage on that? Oh, wait, it's not EA, so it's not cool to hate on, I guess?

LOL.

Overclocking? No. The sound loop crashes had nothing to do with overclocking. The broken textures in SLI had nothing to do with overclocking. The missing audio in TDM had nothing to do with overclocking. The dumb fire rockets randomly deviating from their original flight path causing you to miss tanks from 10 yards had nothing to do with overclocking. The lack of hit detection on occasion allowing you to dump a mag into an enemy from behind only to have them turn and 1 shot you had nothing to do with overclocking. The 1 shot kill bug from weapons incapable of performing a 1 shot kill even with a headshot had nothing to do with overclocking. The incorrect collision of dead players having their hitbox still standing causing grenades to bounce back into your face or act as a bullet shield had nothing to do with overclocking.

Those are not "minor to small issues". A lot of things other than sound and graphical errors were likely things that you and the bulk of the community didn't notice until you saw it in a youtube video and probably never thought that something strange happened causing you to get killed. You can come up with all of the excuses that you want, but BF4 is a first person shooter. One of the fundamental aspects of a first person shooter, is shooting, with the other being hit detection. EA should not have let BF4 out the door in the state it was in at launch. It doesn't matter that at the end of May 2014 that the bulk of the problems have been resolved when the game was an unplayable mess for the first 6 months after launch, prompting EA at one point to announce that DICE wasn't allowed to work on DLC till the game was "fixed".

I don't hate BF4 just because EA is cool to hate on. I dislike the BF franchise after EA has shown a lack of caring regarding quality of the product for the franchise pushing DICE to get titles out the door early. It's so bad that even EA was embarassed by it this time around, otherwise they wouldn't have felt the need to make such statements about DLC and fixing the game.

Back