Cops In Watch Dogs Are Unstoppable

looks like the cop car ai is as simple as this no matter what gets in your way you are attracted to the player in car like a magnet

I hated the game at first but it was only because I couldn't play it. Once I got it to work I really like it. GTA is ok and all but I feel like a psychopath. This game changes that.

Well in this game the cops are the psychopaths. The driving in this game definitely takes some getting used to. In general I still don't like it. Cars have no traction and slide all over the place. Can't even get one to take off without a massive burnout. Cop cars must be made out of some massively dense space material cause just one of them can force you over the side even if you are driving a big rig. Then when chasing someone, even if they are in the biggest vehicle in the game, they drive ahead of you like they are driving a ferrari. The game makers were smoking too much weed when they did the drive mechanics.

Then when chasing someone, even if they are in the biggest vehicle in the game, they drive ahead of you like they are driving a ferrari. The game makers were smoking too much weed when they did the drive mechanics.

Isn't this how it usually is? Mostly in more scripted missions but AI has always had a uber drivers/vehicles.

The cops in this game are out of control. They don't even give you a chance to surrender, they just start shooting at you even if you don't display a weapon. They are gun crazy. As far as driving, I try to stick to the motorcycle. It's easier to control and you don't die if you crash head on into a semi at 100mph.

Did the player have a box full of Krispy Kreme or what?

The cops in this game are out of control. They don't even give you a chance to surrender, they just start shooting at you even if you don't display a weapon. They are gun crazy. As far as driving, I try to stick to the motorcycle. It's easier to control and you don't die if you crash head on into a semi at 100mph.

I surrendered once. You have to get the cops called on you, then go into a cover with no weapon. Do not move from there, they will arrest you.

As for driving, that was a major fumble. Either Ubisoft ran out of time to put in proper physics for the cars, or they thought that by doing an arcade style it would differentiate them from GTA. It's the worst part about the game.

I mentioned in the other thread, if you haven't noticed you actually clip through cars on collisions. Rear end someone about 2ft in from the side, you'll drive through their car. The sparks are there to hide it. I think it's a silly mechanic to make driving at speed and shooting gaps extremely easy.

Jump in the water. That is the only place that the cops can't follow you. Eventually a helo will come - jump in a boat to leave the search area. Otherwise - I feel like you will die eventually.

One thing I do like about this game is when ever I see a dude rapping in the hood, I can just shoot em. I feel pretty good every time I do it and shut one of them sombitches up. Makes the neighborhood peaceful. Wish I could do that shit in real life, heh heh.

One thing I do like about this game is when ever I see a dude rapping in the hood, I can just shoot em. I feel pretty good every time I do it and shut one of them sombitches up. Makes the neighborhood peaceful. Wish I could do that shit in real life, heh heh.

Yeah, I get a chuckle when a car goes by with loud annoying bass. Did GTA have that? I don't recall.

Jump in the water. That is the only place that the cops can't follow you. Eventually a helo will come - jump in a boat to leave the search area. Otherwise - I feel like you will die eventually.

That's what I do... Just boat the hell out of there.

Boat or get on the train to lose the cops.

Use bullet time to counter the shitty ass driving physics and make impossible turns.

Yeah, the cops in Watch_Dogs are insane, and really pretty cheap/cheaty as we see by the video.

Lol, video is hilarious.

Interesting...

There totally not any underlying racism here.....

Not at all.

No, if you're a white male, you're racist. I've been told. By a white female. Apparently it's in our blood.

I hid in a car under a shelter that was on a path in front of peoples homes.
The houses fronts had another section of building in front forming a T. This had a walkway underneath it which is where I hid.
The cops couldnt see me and I couldnt see them, part of the building jutted out at either end so they couldnt view from the side either.

The cops wouldnt go into the gardens by the side of the T building but they were angry like wasps, helicopters overhead.
They escalated their alert a few times, with more cops coming and I thought it wouldnt end.
But after about 5 mins they gave up and went away.
Cool.

You can rarely make the airborne collision physics glitch in funny ways while you are driving as well. One time when jumping onto the freeway with a SUV, I somehow got lunched into the air like a rocket, did a barrel roll sideways over the entire freeway (5 lanes + center divider), landed on top of a nearby hill, and was able to drive away.

Back