Asus PB279Q - 27" IPS 4K under $1000

I have a 32inch and for all purposes, I need to run it with expanded dpi settings, meaning I am getting a bit more desktop space than 1440p or 1600p but definitely not what 4K really offers.
On 27inch, the desktop space gain will be even less since a 27 1440p is fairly well sized when it comes to window size and icons.

I have a 32inch and for all purposes, I need to run it with expanded dpi settings, meaning I am getting a bit more desktop space than 1440p or 1600p but definitely not what 4K really offers.
On 27inch, the desktop space gain will be even less since a 27 1440p is fairly well sized when it comes to window size and icons.

I think people want these lower size (24-27") monitors less for the display space and more for the clarity and fidelity that a 4k offers. Like a macbook retina screen.

I expected 4K IPS prices to reach sub $1000 next year, looks like it's happening even sooner. Good news.

The 28" PB287Q is going to retail for $649 USD, I am going to guess the PB279Q is going to retail for $999 or $949. I originally had my eye on the PB287Q but the TN was the one sore spot. I am going to wait for this monitor instead.

I think people want these lower size (24-27") monitors less for the display space and more for the clarity and fidelity that a 4k offers. Like a macbook retina screen.

Bingo

Things like serif fonts look like shit on any standardish 100dpi panel.

So many newly announced 4K monitors...so many interested people (myself included) with vastly underpowered gpu's...

Nice,....

I expected the MSRP to be well above ~$1000 USD for any IPS 4K display of this size since the Dell 24" is still about that price. You can find the Dell for less but that isn't MSRP.

Still, if this is indeed under ~1000 USD that's good news for everyone as it's fairly reasonably priced and rounds out the available options of IGZO, IPS and TN with respect to 4K.

This should force down the price of the 24" Dell though because it uses two of the older UHD scalers requiring MST mode while any newer 4K display should have a newer single UHD scaler that runs in SST mode.

Personally I would rather go for the ASUS PB287Q at ~$650 or another Samsung U28D590D at ~$599 but that's just me.

Back