Corsair Hydro Series HG10 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair is giving you a sneak peek at the upcoming Corsair Hydro Series HG10 GPU liquid cooling bracket today.

Here is the official press release:

Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance PC hardware, today announced the Hydro Series™ HG10 GPU cooling bracket, a powerful new accessory that gives gamers the opportunity to replace a stock graphics card cooler with any of Corsair's Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers. The resulting upgrade unleashes the GPU's hidden graphics performance by reducing GPU temperatures by as much as 50°C (122F), cutting down on droning fan noise, reducing GPU throttling, and boosting overclocking potential. In conjunction with the new HG10, Corsair also premiered new LED-infused versions of its award-winning Air Series™ SP120 and SP140 static pressure fans in five different colors — red, white, blue, green, or purple.

Last edited:
If water cooling is so great, why aren't GPUs just shipping from the factory with sealed systems like they have for CPUs?

If water cooling is so great, why aren't GPUs just shipping from the factory with sealed systems like they have for CPUs?

Do you really want to pay an extra $100 or more for a water cooler when for the most part stock coolers are more then adequate?

*Looks at video* *Giggles*

Well I know what my next upgrade will be. :)

I wonder price wise what its gonna be. Looks to reuse the reference blower, which mean it wont work with non-ref cards most likely

Do you really want to pay an extra $100 or more for a water cooler when for the most part stock coolers are more then adequate?
That was kind of my point, the stock coolers must offer far better cooling value, otherwise you'd see at least some iterations from the factory coming water cooled.

Besides, technically the stock ones are watercooled, since they use vacuum tubes with water vapor if I'm not mistaken.

That was kind of my point, the stock coolers must offer far better cooling value, otherwise you'd see at least some iterations from the factory coming water cooled.

Besides, technically the stock ones are watercooled, since they use vacuum tubes with water vapor if I'm not mistaken.
The cost of those stock coolers is better but, from what I've seen of the NZXT G10, using a bracket with a water cooler drops temps at least 20C. The only problem is that the memory might not get cooled as effectively.

If the Corsair unit has something like thermal pads that can be placed on the VRMs to transfer heat off then that might make it a better unit than the NZXT.

I wonder price wise what its gonna be. Looks to reuse the reference blower, which mean it wont work with non-ref cards most likely

$39.99. But remember, it's just a bracket that cools the VRM and RAM and also allows you to mount one of their water cooling units. And yes, you will need a stock cooler because it does reuse the fan.

The cost of those stock coolers is better but, from what I've seen of the NZXT G10, using a bracket with a water cooler drops temps at least 20C. The only problem is that the memory might not get cooled as effectively.
And that's a pretty big issue.

Doesn't matter how cold the core is if your RAM and VRM's are burning to death. To resolve that, you either need a full-coverage block or a dedicated heatsink and fan...

Problem is, using a pump + rad + fan + heatsink + another fan is a hell of a lot more complicated (and probably louder) than just using a heatsink + fan to cool everything.

If the Corsair unit has something like thermal pads that can be placed on the VRMs to transfer heat off then that might make it a better unit than the NZXT.
I'm curious about this as well, but I don't really see how it can be all that quiet when it doesn't delete the stock fan...

I've won an NZXT G10 bracket and Antec 620 Radiator, that should be on the way to Me soon, I only paid $64.37 which includes shipping. I still need a stock cooler for everything other than the gpu, but I'll get that asap.
1000x1000.jpg

I've won an NZXT G10 bracket and Antec 620 Radiator, that should be on the way to Me soon, I only paid $64.37 which includes shipping. I still need a stock cooler for everything other than the gpu, but I'll get that asap.

Ever heard of a diary

I have seen some video cards ship from the factory with sealed water cooling systems. I don't think I have seen Intel or AMD ship any CPU's with sealed water cooling systems. I think it's the same situation. The stock heatsink and fan will do the job on a CPU or video card. If you want a quieter system or you want to overclock you will get better performance from a liquid cooled CPU or video card. Let the people who want to overclock their video card pay the extra $100 to liquid cool it themselves. I think this way is much better. If you bought a video card with stock liquid cooling for an extra $100 when it's time to upgrade you would pay that extra $100 again on the new card. With this method you pay the extra $100 once and transfer the system to your new card. This is much more economical in the long run. My video card is liquid cooled right now but I spent $120 on a full coverage block. That block is only good on my specific video card. I am reluctant to upgrade because I don't want to buy a new block.

My hope in this situation is that someone will make a block that will fit into this adapter. Then I can keep cooling with a custom loop and not drop down to closed loop performance on my video card.

It does look like it has a fairly solid plate on it for making cooling contact with the VRM's and Memory. Really though in a perfect world they would make these things up in custom variants for the upper range of cards on offer.

I have seen some video cards ship from the factory with sealed water cooling systems. I don't think I have seen Intel or AMD ship any CPU's with sealed water cooling systems. I think it's the same situation. The stock heatsink and fan will do the job on a CPU or video card. If you want a quieter system or you want to overclock you will get better performance from a liquid cooled CPU or video card. Let the people who want to overclock their video card pay the extra $100 to liquid cool it themselves. I think this way is much better. If you bought a video card with stock liquid cooling for an extra $100 when it's time to upgrade you would pay that extra $100 again on the new card. With this method you pay the extra $100 once and transfer the system to your new card. This is much more economical in the long run. My video card is liquid cooled right now but I spent $120 on a full coverage block. That block is only good on my specific video card. I am reluctant to upgrade because I don't want to buy a new block.

My hope in this situation is that someone will make a block that will fit into this adapter. Then I can keep cooling with a custom loop and not drop down to closed loop performance on my video card.

I could swear amd had a black edition CPU that came with a water cooler. I think it ran at 5ghz.

I am using a NZXT G10 on my GTX460 without memory heatsinks. I use it for folding@home so I am working the dogshit out of it. It not only made my GPU run cooler it took a lot of heat out out the case and made the CPU run cooler.

Back