Ubisoft Sees New First-Day Sales Record with 'Watch Dogs'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs has broken the company’s record for first day sales, but did not reveal exactly what those figures were in either sales totals or units. If server strain was any indication of the sales, it was a pretty good day for Ubisoft.

Today we broke the record for the biggest first day sales in Ubisoft history. I can never say it enough: thank you everyone! We love you all for your passion and your creativity.

You forgot the part where he said:

I would also like to thank all of you idiots that bought a dumbed down version of what we initially demo'ed. A sucker is born every minute and our company is glad there is an abundance of you.

How does buying a game mean you have passion and creativity?

all that advertising, I'm not surprised.

It's definitely not GTA-level sales.

first day sales record...2nd day record for amount of people trying to get a refund :D

Been playing FarCry 3 recently and realized that Ubisoft developers have a rhythm for making games.

#1 Create a unique idea and run with that. They do have creativity I give them that, but then they stay limited to that idea. To the point where you get sick of seeing essentially the same thing.

#2 Create the map first, then put down quests later. That's how all Ubisoft games feel like to me. It's a very lazy game design that doesn't introduce anything unique to the game. Not like Dark Souls 2 where every encounter in the game is built specific for it.

#3 Game is more about farming then about gameplay. When I started FarCry 3 I was introduced with the ability to craft upgrades, which are cool but very reminiscent of Assassin's Creed 4. Running around skinning animals to be able to carry more stuff. But then there's side quests that offer nothing but more money that I don't need or pertains much to the game at all. Hidden treasures that aren't really treasures. More waste of time crap to do in the game.

Nuh uh, it's a Ubisoft game which means boring long tedious game play. And what does MetaCritic give it but a user rating of 4.6. The complaints are generally boring tedious game play.

I got Dark Souls 2 for PC, which don't have working keyboard and mouse controls yet. There are some work a round's but it should have been fully fixed from Dark Souls 1. But the game is far from boring. I like fighting giant bosses that give me trouble. Every boss is a OMG moment. I like invading and being invaded. Every moment of the game is freakin interesting. There are real rewards for going out of your way.

Wait, I thought pirates ruined all PC game sales.

They do, but thanks to ubi$oft's robust Uplay drm these new record sales are possible.

/backtoreality

Yup, that's sounds like something they'll say at their sales meeting.

l98mBNc.gif

Been playing FarCry 3 recently and realized that Ubisoft developers have a rhythm for making games.

#1 Create a unique idea and run with that. They do have creativity I give them that, but then they stay limited to that idea. To the point where you get sick of seeing essentially the same thing.

#2 Create the map first, then put down quests later. That's how all Ubisoft games feel like to me. It's a very lazy game design that doesn't introduce anything unique to the game. Not like Dark Souls 2 where every encounter in the game is built specific for it.

#3 Game is more about farming then about gameplay. When I started FarCry 3 I was introduced with the ability to craft upgrades, which are cool but very reminiscent of Assassin's Creed 4. Running around skinning animals to be able to carry more stuff. But then there's side quests that offer nothing but more money that I don't need or pertains much to the game at all. Hidden treasures that aren't really treasures. More waste of time crap to do in the game.

Nuh uh, it's a Ubisoft game which means boring long tedious game play. And what does MetaCritic give it but a user rating of 4.6. The complaints are generally boring tedious game play.

I got Dark Souls 2 for PC, which don't have working keyboard and mouse controls yet. There are some work a round's but it should have been fully fixed from Dark Souls 1. But the game is far from boring. I like fighting giant bosses that give me trouble. Every boss is a OMG moment. I like invading and being invaded. Every moment of the game is freakin interesting. There are real rewards for going out of your way.

To each their own, I didn't care for Far Cry 3, just never held my attention. But I enjoyed both AC4 and Watch Dogs far more than I did DS2. Not that I loved either AC4 or Watch Dogs. But DS2 is one of those games where I bought into the hype and wish I hadn't.

Got it for free when I added another GTX 780 to my system last weekend. I would have been pissed if I had spent money on this game. Starts off interesting enough, I guess, but the whole thing devolves into a poor GTA-clone really quick. I started off doing missions trying to be the good guy and sneak around while utilizing the cameras and other hacking opportunities, but it's easier to just kill everyone with your silenced pistol.

Back