Microsoft Acquires Rise of Nations Extended Edition

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft has just announced that the company has acquired Rise of Nations and will be releasing the game in its extended form in June through Steam.

Microsoft's Rise of Nations: Extended Edition, adapted by Skybox Labs, will include the original game, released in 2003, and its expansion pack Thrones and Patriots. It will be getting some graphical upgrades such as improved water and textures

I have both the original game and the expansion and still play it from time to time. I doubt I would buy it again though if all it has is improved textures. Multiplayer for this one has never interested me, so that isn't an incentive either.

Great that they didn't abandon it though. It is a great game.

Cool ... I just bought the Steam release of Age of Mythology so I will grab this one when it is available (I replaced my aging disc copies with the new digital version)

Heh, funny to hear someone say that multiplayer for Rise of Nations wasn't interesting. That's all it was about for me. Was very addicted to Rise of Nations multiplayer back in the day. Can't even recall its single player offerings.

My two friends and I used to do a weekly "3 on 5 hard" match vs. the AI. It was always interesting.

Heh, funny to hear someone say that multiplayer for Rise of Nations wasn't interesting. That's all it was about for me. Was very addicted to Rise of Nations multiplayer back in the day. Can't even recall its single player offerings.

single player was just you against the AI's, iirc.

Back