Must See Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
You guys really should set aside a few minutes today to watch SUPER GAME JAM. This documentary series is about five pairs of indie developers tasked with creating a video game in 48 hours. Here's the trailer.

No Steve. After the shenanigans this program's organizers went through, we really shouldn't.

You don't reward stupidity.

i would prefer to get some good looking indie games that actually make use of a moderatly powerful pc instead of pixel vomit declared as "8-bit retro old school". really not interested in what one could come up with in 48 hours.

i would prefer to get some good looking indie games that actually make use of a moderatly powerful pc instead of pixel vomit declared as "8-bit retro old school". really not interested in what one could come up with in 48 hours.

There is a reason for the "retro" art style. It costs about 100x more money to build a detailed 3D game as it does a half-decent looking "retro" 2D game. What you're asking for is just not economically feasible. Indy developers don't have that kind of budget.

Generally I agree with this sentiment, but there are a few rare gems... have you tried Terarria?

DoubleFine's Amnesia Fortnights are kinda fun to watch, and the prototypes are actually playable and kinda fun even. 20 bucks for this seems really steep though, considering the smaller production time/staff

20 bucks? is this for all 5 games?

I'm at work and can't really go trotting all over steam and other indie sites, but that's a bit steep considering the time/staff.

Say only 100K people buy it for 20 bucks, thats 2 million. Let's assume steam keeps 1/2 (not sure just a guess)

10 people in this little saga? thats $100,000 each, for what amounts to maybe 6 days worth of work per person. I'd say making 6 figures for 1 week of your life is pretty damn good.

Back