Google Becomes World’s Most Valuable Brand

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google and Microsoft rank high on the list of the world's most valuable brands while companies like Intel have slipped way down in the ranks.

Google’s brand value grew by 40 percent from 2013 to 2014 as it moved from second to first place with a valuation of $159 billion ahead of its competitor Apple, which saw its value drop 20 percent to $148 billion. IBM remained in third place on the list but dropped back four percent to $107 billion, whereas Microsoft rose three places after seeing its value rocket 29 percent and finish up on $90 billion.

I remember vividly in 2012 stock scamalysts were pumping AAPL and calling for it to hit $1K. Gut feeling at the time said no way and that it would probably be GOOG that hit $1K first.

I just realized Google should buy Valve, so they can complete their profile on us. Merge steam with G+. Then all the NSA has to do is be a Google employee.

Who cares about Google and Apple...what I want to know is how IBM is still profitable?!?! They haven't been relevant for decades now.

Apple didn't patent being the most valuable? They totally dropped the ball here.

Who cares about Google and Apple...what I want to know is how IBM is still profitable?!?! They haven't been relevant for decades now.

I work for a major movie studio and we give IBM, Oracle, SAP, and Microsoft a lot more money than Apple or Google. Mostly for infrastructure and development tools. I think only our marketing department pays Google. The graphic designers have Macs but that's about it.

They're still very much relevant for businesses. Profitable?!? They could stay profitable on patent royalties alone... :p

Back