Glossy 27" with OSD?

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
Are there any Glossy or PDC 1440s with an OSD?

My BL2710PT just came, I didn't think semi-glossy would affect the text clarity so much.

Thanks.

Last edited:
NIXEUS VUE27 glossy with OSD. my friend has one of these and i've been raving to people since to pick up one of these.i am going get one of these soon, they are fairly cheap. and good reviews and great quality panels

NIXEUS VUE27 glossy with OSD. my friend has one of these and i've been raving to people since to pick up one of these.i am going get one of these soon, they are fairly cheap. and good reviews and great quality panels

There's not a sheet of plastic/glass over the top of the screen, right?
It's just a glossy screen like my Q270?

Thanks.

Crossover mdp gold is what you are after imo

Nice. It looks like the same thing as the VUE's clone - but with a more popular name (crossover). I see the OSD has RGB, Brightness and Contrast - in old CRT style (lol.)
I see there's no overdrive - oh well.

Do you have any idea if it uses PWM?

I have two other questions:

Do you know of any PDC monitors with OSD?
How about any 23" 1080 Glossy monitors (without glass or plastic front.)? Preferably TN and 120Hz, but not necessarily. As far as I can tell, they're all discontinued.

You should seriously read this guide about 1440p monitors. I've had PDC displays on my table and they have amazing colors. But so do glossies. Glossy is what you want. The best PDC monitor might be the 27qw but it's really hard to say because there are so many weird variants and many of them go untested. The PDC monitors have one big flaw: bleed. Lots of it. Real bad. They are the best monitors for reading in bright settings.

The best reasonably priced reference monitor is going to be that crossover mdp gold. I almost bought one from accessories whole iirc.

You should seriously read this guide about 1440p monitors. I've had PDC displays on my table and they have amazing colors. But so do glossies. Glossy is what you want. The best PDC monitor might be the 27qw but it's really hard to say because there are so many weird variants and many of them go untested. The PDC monitors have one big flaw: bleed. Lots of it. Real bad. They are the best monitors for reading in bright settings.

The best reasonably priced reference monitor is going to be that crossover mdp gold. I almost bought one from accessories whole iirc.

Hello again,

I've seen that thread, I forgot the MDP was on there.

I'm interested in PDC, because my Q270 is very difficult to read with dark or even medium pages, because of the glare. I've tried making my room darker, or putting a light behind the monitor instead - but so far, those give me even more strain.
Of course, it's even worse to try and use a monitor with an AG coating! The text looks horrible.

I see the BLB on the PDC can be MASSIVE:
IMG_20130626_193939.jpg

The crossover you suggested is at a minimum of 53cd/m2, according to the review:
http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/5381...stirovanie_monitora_Crossover_2730MD_LED.html

That shouldn't be too bad, hopefully I could at least read white pages then! ;) I already explained my problem with dark pages. My problem with white pages is that they're so bright on the Q270, they burns my eyes.

Thanks for the suggestion! Hopefully it doesn't take me too long to be able to get it, NCIX doesn't want to refund my broken BenQ. :(

I do understand the issue with eye strain. I have recently come to terms with the discovery that using my display in such a dimly lit environment so as to reduce glare and bezel "pollution" is giving me massive headaches. It's better to bring up the lights or go much lower than 120cdm2. I've introduced LED light bulbs to my room instead of soft low watt incandescents. It's brought my ambient light level up but my headaches down considerably. As a bonus they are energy efficient and my room is cooler. When you go to remove a 40watt incandescent that has been on all day without gloves you can appreciate the heat it is giving off long before you get close enough to burn yourself. They are like little furnaces. I allow myself a couple 15watt bulbs now for super soft light but using them by themselves is a recipe for massive eye strain even at my customary 120lum.

I do understand the issue with eye strain. I have recently come to terms with the discovery that using my display in such a dimly lit environment so as to reduce glare and bezel "pollution" is giving me massive headaches. It's better to bring up the lights or go much lower than 120cdm2. I've introduced LED light bulbs to my room instead of soft low watt incandescents. It's brought my ambient light level up but my headaches down considerably. As a bonus they are energy efficient and my room is cooler. When you go to remove a 40watt incandescent that has been on all day without gloves you can appreciate the heat it is giving off long before you get close enough to burn yourself. They are like little furnaces. I allow myself a couple 15watt bulbs now for super soft light but using them by themselves is a recipe for massive eye strain even at my customary 120lum.

I'm lucky, bezels never bothered me (except in landscape) - even in 23" eyefinity, it was barely a nuisance.

What's the color temperature on your LEDs? I'm using 6500k and 4000k fluorescent.

It sounds like you don't read with dark pages, or gave up trying to. I guess if I can make the room's brightness high enough, I can start reading white pages.

Thanks.

Back