Noctua NH-U9B SE2 CPU Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you need a smaller CPU cooler for a PC project you are working on, the folks at ThinkComputers highly recommend the Noctua NH-U9B SE2.

Today we are checking out a CPU Cooler from Noctua that has been out for a while now, but is definitely worth covering as its size lends itself to smaller form factor builds and HTPC setups.

I've been using that exact fan on my 2600k setup. Runs really cool, even overclocked. My primary pc has D14 and it's even better. Noctua fan for life :)

I have been using this cooler in my NCase to cool a 4770K. It has dealt with that heat pumping monster fairly well but I do have to keep the fans at full speed which makes it rather loud.

Keeps my Opterons cool ~40C under full load. Only suggestion for improvement is better fan mounting when turning it 90 degrees to clear limited PCI-E slots. Don't mind using tie wraps to keep it in place but one fan is exposed and rubs against the heat sink unless jerry rigging some spacers. They should design for this out of the box otherwise great performing air coolers.

Great cooler. I've used it in several builds and it does the job well on mild overclocks. I fitted the small Gentle Typhoons on it and it slightly dropped the temps as well.

Back