Mouse Cursor Distortion

x3nzox

Weaksauce
I have an Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

I have a cursor distortion that randomly comes and goes when I play SC2 and dota.

I have updated the driver to the latest verson of amd catalyst.

Please help

sounds like its time to RMA your card
Really not sure that will help. I've seen cursor corruption pop up a fairly wide variety of AMD graphics cards.

At this point, I think it's something inherent to the drivers (or the hardware).

Does it look like this?
cursordefect-01.jpg

I've gotten that several times with my AMD Radeon HD 7950. It happens a few times with the I-beam cursor on my multi-screen setup. I don't think it's the card itself. More like a driver issue. I've updated my drivers to the latest version recently. I don't remember seeing it.

Does it look like this?
cursordefect-01.jpg

I've gotten that several times with my AMD Radeon HD 7950. It happens a few times with the I-beam cursor on my multi-screen setup. I don't think it's the card itself. More like a driver issue. I've updated my drivers to the latest version recently. I don't remember seeing it.

Yes!!! Exactly! its soo annoying. Any fixes for this?

Does it look like this?
[I MG]http://www.jonathansharman.com.au/uploads/cursordefect-01.jpg[/IMG]

Yup. Although on my old eyefinity setup...it would only cursor artifact on one monitor.

Yes!!! Exactly! its soo annoying. Any fixes for this?

Reboot your machine.

AMD have had this issue for about 5 years, it's not going away any time soon.

Yeah it's pretty common since the 57xx series. I find that if I track over to another monitor, click anywhere on the screen, then go back to primer and click on the windows taskbar, it corrects itself.

It really is dumb shit like this that helps to perpetuate the negative perception of AMD's driver team.

It really is dumb shit like this that helps to perpetuate the negative perception of AMD's driver team.

Totally. If they can't fix something you'd think would be simple like this, they obviously can't get the complicated things right either.

yeah i was going to get a r270x.... now i have to get the nvidia counterpart. Gtx 770?

Back