'Tom Clancy's The Division' Delayed Until 2015

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Ubisoft announced this week that the release date for the much touted Tom Clancy’s The Division will be pushed back to an unspecified time in 2015 to insure that the quality of the game would not be compromised by rushing to market.

First Dying Light and now this one. Good trend IMO. Quality before quantity.

delayed to support dx12? ;)

Yarite. DX12 = PR vapor, they haven't even started on it yet and it won't be out until end of 2015, which really means 2016. And they'll probably stick it behind the Windows 9 paywall.

If the rumor was true, development on this game hadn't even started until after it was revealed last year, so this is probably a good thing that they're delaying it.

...just means more time so they can figure out how to include Uplay, and create a horrible, ill-supported PC port that stops getting patches three months after release.

I am shocked they would bother to delay it. EA wouldn't even think twice about releasing a buggy and broken game then try to fix it later with patches.

developers need to keep quiet about release dates...when the game is 4-6 weeks away from going 'Gold' then they should announce it

Damn. On one hand, I'm glad. I want it to be done before it's released. A high quality product without a 7GB day one update.

On the other - dammit. I'm looking forward to this game. Big time.

I'd rather wait and get a great game instead of having it rushed to market only to disappoint.

Damn. On one hand, I'm glad. I want it to be done before it's released. A high quality product without a 7GB day one update.

On the other - dammit. I'm looking forward to this game. Big time.

I'd rather wait and get a great game instead of having it rushed to market only to disappoint.

Damn! I was gonna use the 7GB line! :)

Is it really any surprise that all of these next gen titles which looked awesome at their unveils are delayed? They were probably designed with a much larger envelope of power (gfx, etc) in mind. Now they're trying to figure out how to optimize it for what amounts to a slow couple year old PC.

GOOD.

Developers and publishers pushing back release dates instead of releasing a halfassed product is GREAT for consumers. Even the games that have been rushed out the door with huge day 1 patches, and constant patches afterwards for 3 months are never quite right. It's literally like pulling a cake out of the oven while it's only half done, then trying to finish it later, they never come out quite right. Battlefield 4 went out the door half done, has had patch after patch after patch, and as much as some people like to say "oh, well it works fine for me and has since day 1" the game still has fundamental issues that should have been taken care of during development instead of trying to rush the game out the door to beat the competition.

Yes, I'd rather games come out sooner than later because I'd rather play them now than later. But I'd rather they aren't broken and buggy piles of crap, even if they means it gets delayed for months.

Is it really any surprise that all of these next gen titles which looked awesome at their unveils are delayed? They were probably designed with a much larger envelope of power (gfx, etc) in mind. Now they're trying to figure out how to optimize it for what amounts to a slow couple year old PC.

Things haven't really changed that much in the last 2 years, a decent gaming PC built 2 years ago will still play just about every game on the market today at max settings.

I am a little bummed to hear about the delay as this was one of the few titles I was excited about this year. But at the same time I hope a more polished product is the result.

Back