EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 650W Power Supply Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 650W Power Supply Review - EVGA does not have a lot to say about its SuperNOVA NEX650G Gold Power Supply. It does however mention it being designed with enthusiast needs, and this PSU being the "the best choice to power next generation enthusiast computers" with exceptional features, stunning efficiency and cutting edge design. We of course will be the judge of those claims.

A review of an EVGA product on [H]? Is the end of the world drawing nigh?

I'll read it when I get home ;).

That bit about the warranty is a bit confusing. I think a lot of the confusion comes from the fact that KR parts are now pretty much video cards (where you do have to buy the five or ten year extended option.) At least to me, 5+5 years sounds like you get five no matter what (even if you don't register it, so long as the original invoiced owner) and an additional five (for free) if you do register in a timely manner. Also, EVGA does allow you to upload a copy of your invoice, so it's not something you need to keep on hand.

Thankfully, EVGA seems to be turning around their power supplies with the G2 and P2 series. They've ditched the handle (yay!), and I believe have even moved away from the ugly red cabling on the 750W and 850W models. The 1000G2 I picked up on Cyber Monday (for $130 after rebate!) seems to be working fine, if not slightly louder than I would prefer.

Too bad they couldn't get Superflower to make this one like they are their superb G2 lines. I agree with Paul though that EVGA do seem to be a little out of their depth in power supplies. Aside from the Superflower built PSU's, none of their other ones seem to be very good.

At least to me, 5+5 years sounds like you get five no matter what (even if you don't register it, so long as the original invoiced owner) and an additional five (for free) if you do register in a timely manner.

However, that isn't even one of the options!

And they have -KR power supplies still like the NEX750B (I know you said most....just making the point that it is an awful awful awful mess).

Back