My current X11 strategy

mkrohn

2[H]4U
I am putting betarigs as my top pool priority because I can set the price and will be keeping it quite a bit higher than what nicehash is paying and sticking with 3 hour rentals unless the price skyrockets then I'll put the lease length at like 24 hours + and get locked into a good price. These "spikes" are all very temporary and need to be taken advantage of and betarigs enables me to lock in pricing way longer than nicehash plus since X11 is new to nicehash betarigs still has more buyers.

Right now nicehash is paying: .0012285 while I have rigs sold on betarigs at .0018 but current market is at: 0.00226 for betarigs.

SO when you have a good amount of feedback on betarigs it is the highest paying currently but nicehash is a nice fallback that should hopefully grow and be more competitive SOON. Worst case its a nice fallback for between rentals

yeah there's a few buys in... I have several leases expiring so it'll be interesting to see what happens. I'm setting my price at .005 and only allowing 48 hour+ rentals on betarigs just in case things are about to skyrocket again

betarigs price is also going up so must be some serious money being tossed around right now

My strat is to mine 10k of every new crap coin that hits and wait for one of them to break $1. My rigs are long since paid off and for now at least I am getting free electricity.

well that hiccup on nicehash really didn't last very long. hopefully more buyers will make it over there. I can't wait to see what happens when a new coin is released and people get in a bidding war

just got into nicehash a few minutes ago (new to me)

I must say i like the IDEA of nicehash much better, hashing power is pooled on a per job basis and not on a per user basis.

While I like betarigs - even though it seems to have a higher overall price there's lots of micromanaging. Yesterday the price per Mhash for X11 was something like .00150 (not worth my time)

Signed in after reading this thread it was sitting at .0035 (nice!) in the span of 10 minutes it was back down to .002XX I don't like the idea of having to HOPE someone rents my rig and then be bouncing back and forth between renting and mining some other X11 coin I have no interest in just to keep my rigs busy

The spike on nicehas though to .007 was VERY temporary. it's back down to right above .002 something per Mhash on X11

While I'm not a fan of the increased power usage VertCoin seems to be one of the more steadily profitable coins now. X11 has spoiled me with the cool and fast hashing cutting power by 33% or more.

Update -- after pointing 5Mhash of X11 at nicehash for a bit... I'm not too impressed. Got some accepted shares going, and then been bouncing between "new block detected" and "network difficulty changed", not getting rejects or anything, just no work getting accepted or going through but maybe 1 share ever 5 minutes. With a difficulty of ~750 for whatever is being mined, that's just not right. Don't want to point all 24Mhash of my X11 farm at this only to have 1Mhash worth of shares.

ouch, was going to ask how as Nicehash, and you answered it in your update.

just got into nicehash a few minutes ago (new to me)

I must say i like the IDEA of nicehash much better, hashing power is pooled on a per job basis and not on a per user basis.

While I like betarigs - even though it seems to have a higher overall price there's lots of micromanaging. Yesterday the price per Mhash for X11 was something like .00150 (not worth my time)

Signed in after reading this thread it was sitting at .0035 (nice!) in the span of 10 minutes it was back down to .002XX I don't like the idea of having to HOPE someone rents my rig and then be bouncing back and forth between renting and mining some other X11 coin I have no interest in just to keep my rigs busy

The spike on nicehas though to .007 was VERY temporary. it's back down to right above .002 something per Mhash on X11

While I'm not a fan of the increased power usage VertCoin seems to be one of the more steadily profitable coins now. X11 has spoiled me with the cool and fast hashing cutting power by 33% or more.

Update -- after pointing 5Mhash of X11 at nicehash for a bit... I'm not too impressed. Got some accepted shares going, and then been bouncing between "new block detected" and "network difficulty changed", not getting rejects or anything, just no work getting accepted or going through but maybe 1 share ever 5 minutes. With a difficulty of ~750 for whatever is being mined, that's just not right. Don't want to point all 24Mhash of my X11 farm at this only to have 1Mhash worth of shares.

Are you passing the difficulty parameter in your password?

Code:
d=0.0[COLOR="Red"]x[/COLOR]

x can be 8, 4 or 1. d=0.01 is the lowest diffculty, and with just 5mh that's probably what you should be using.

Odd... I'm at 5.6mhs and I had my best day in weeks thanks to those big orders yesterday. About 0.011 BTC for the past 24 hours.

Maybe try again with the new SPH-SGMiner variant Nicehash just released. Although, I'm not really seeing what more it brings to the table over the most recent non-Nicehash version.

I have yet to fiddle with the difficulty parameters... everything seems to be working ok on even my rig with the lone HD7770, which is hardly a speed demon.

On another note, the latest version of ccminer (1.1) is killing it on x11.

My 780ti's get 5.2mh each at 1150/1925.

On another note, the latest version of ccminer (1.1) is killing it on x11.

My 780ti's get 5.2mh each at 1150/1925.

So is nobody even bothering to attempt to optimize x11 on AMD cards? I can't locate a good resource at all.

Are you sure it's not already optimized and that's just how well they run? My 290s are at home but it seems to me they are at 100% load. The big jump in performance for nvidia x11 users came from taking our gpu load from around 70% to 100%.

Are you sure it's not already optimized and that's just how well they run? My 290s are at home but it seems to me they are at 100% load. The big jump in performance for nvidia x11 users came from taking our gpu load from around 70% to 100%.

Load means pretty much nothing. I can be at 100% load when running 150/150 @ 14khash on a R9 290X.

I can't even edge out more than 2400khash on a R9 290X no matter what I try.

I honestly don't think there is any optimization to be had that's why no one is talking about it on any of the modded sgminer threads.

I don't think its too hard to believe. No amount of optimization made nvidia cards even close to amd on sha-256 performance.

It's almost 2x as fast on x11 as the 1.0 beta, and it's just the one-size fits all .exe that runs with the 1.0 beta .dll files

It's almost 2x as fast on x11 as the 1.0 beta, and it's just the one-size fits all .exe that runs with the 1.0 beta .dll files

The "updated" 1.0 beta, I should have said. If you check the link I posted, they posted the new version today. I'm actually seeing a bit better performance running the ccminer35.exe in that compared to the ccminer1.1.exe from that forum post (~4400 vs. ~4200 on my vanilla 780 at 1150/3000). Annoying thing is, all versions show as 1.0 beta in the executable.

So yeah, holy shit! Gonna have to see about selling my R9 270s and order up a pile of 750 Tis.

Last edited:
Back