GIGABYTE Launches Full Range of 9 Series Z97 and H97 Motherboards

HardOCP News

[H] News
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY Co. Ltd., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today launched their new 9 series motherboards based on the Intel® Z97/H97 chipsets with support for 4th and 5th generation Intel® Core™ processors. “GIGABYTE is excited to launch 4 new series of motherboards for the Intel 9 series chipset, each offering a host of new and unique GIGABYTE features matched with GIGABYTE signature quality and durability,” commented Henry Kao, Vice President of GIGABYTE Motherboard Business Unit. “Our 9 series motherboards also offer a future proof platform to our customers by supporting the latest 4th generation Intel Core processors including the soon to launch refresh and unlocked CPUs, as well as future 5th generation Intel Core processors, ensuring they will be able to take advantage of current and upcoming Intel technologies.”

How do I have the feeling that in a while there will be multiple reports of problems with it.

How do I have the feeling that in a while there will be multiple reports of problems with it.
Like with every motherboard out there?

The real problem that I have with GigaByte, and also with MSI is that they have pretty lame UEFI BIOS and all the software they bundle is simply crap.

And they'll feel the squeeze on the high end more with ASUS having improved vastly in these areas with their Z97 line.

Gigabyte along with many other brands had problems with Z87 and 4th GenHaswell was hot. Hopefully Z97 will be a positive fresh start for Has well and 5th gen Intel CPUs.

The black series boards have me very interested. 5 year warranty after beating the crap out of the board for a week? Sounds like they are really wanting to get the "I want my shit to work perfect" crowd with that. So long as the premium for the black stays in the $20 range I read about previously, I think they have a great product there and it will most likely end up replacing my current board.

Plus the shiny black with sparing yellow looks like it should be in the 80's Batman movies, which gives bonus points for me. :D

In for the GA-Z97X-SOC Force

I got mine yesterday but I am returning it because the VRM design isn't what I wanted.

According to the description at the Gigabyte WEB site this mother board features 60 amp rated IR PowelRstage ICs, this is the rating for the high end IR 3550 series. http://www.gigabyte.us/MicroSite/365/images/features.html

I posted photos of the lower quality 40 amp rated VRM MOSFET IR 3553 part used on the Z97 SOC FORCE here: 40 AMP ICs used not 60 AMP

Bummer. I was very excited about the Z97 SOC Force.

Also note that a reputable source of Gigabyte digital power technology has reported that Gigabyte has cheapened down the over all quality of the Z97 digital power design.

Last edited:
Hopefully the haswell refresh fixes this. I do not want to de-lid for the 3rd time in a row.

It would not surprise me if Intel released a bare die enthusiast chip. Hope 5th gen has some decent improvements.

Gigabyte has corrected the 60 AMP marketing error on their WEB site. :)

I've decided to keep it.

Last edited:
Back