Activision Blizzard Announces Better-Than-Expected Q1 2014 Financial Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
For the quarter ended March 31, 2014, Activision Blizzard’s GAAP net revenues were $1.11 billion, as compared with $1.32 billion for the first quarter of 2013. On a non-GAAP basis, the company’s net revenues were $772 million, as compared with $804 million for the first quarter of 2013. For the first quarter, GAAP net revenues from digital channels represented 34% of the company’s total revenues. On a non-GAAP basis, net revenues from digital channels were a record 68%.

Because people are already unhappy with the reason (Reaper of Souls) Blizz had a increase in revenue for Q1.

Not sure what you mean by that. D3 is leaps and bound better than it was at release. Hearthstone is an addictive game if you're into TCGs, and they are adding PVE, which is not something I have ever seen before in such a card game and migth get me back on a few weeks.

Blizz is also releasing a new WoW expansion at the end of year which I'll gladly pass on, but also a MOBA with some pretty interesting elements that just might manage to ride the currant moba wave. Things aren't look bad for Bliz atm.

This is pretty great, actually. Increased revenue streams coming in from products other than WoW will push more innovation from Blizzard.

Apple was the little guy and everyone rooted for them over Microsoft.

Blizzard was similar and everyone loved them, now they are big and every loves to hate them. Take the nostalgia glasses off, they are still, mostly, the same great company.

Because people are already unhappy with the reason (Reaper of Souls) Blizz had a increase in revenue for Q1.

I doubt RoS is the major reason. Heartstone is doing very well although it's F2P, people seem to enjoy spending on microtransactions. WoW's expansion was also reported as "the fastest selling expansion" based on pre-sales. The expansion may also have encouraged many players to re-sub

Still no new IP....

Maybe time to re-up for WOW and remember once again why I don't/Can't play anymore!

Why "Ugh...."?

Diablo 3 aside, I've been unhappy with Activision and so, if they've getting "better than expected" results, they'll probably continue to follow down that path of crap.

I didn't actually get involved in the whole D3 fiasco either. I didn't like the changes leading up to release. I did play it though, when my friend got it. It was meh, not sure about it recently though. So no comment on Reaper of Souls.

Back