Titanfall’s ‘No Servers Found’ Issue Affecting Players

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft is having a bit of a problem finding servers for players of Titanfall. Microsoft has been working on the problem which seems to be within the Xbox Live Compute cloud.

Xbox members, are you having a hard time matchmaking on Titanfall? Don’t worry, we’re currently working to resolve this issue right away and we appreciate your patience during this process.

Hummmm..... Well, they are working on it now, not waiting until later. ;) Just wanted to get in before all the Microsoft hate starts flowing in.

Yeah, and remember, we made Win8 and we are still working fix that up too.

anyone remember when you could decide what server you wanted to play on, choosing game mode, map, ping, player count, rules? pepperidge farm remembers.

I thought the cloud was supposed to be magical, always on, and "everywhere". Yup, it's just a silly video game today, but somewhere, someone will be running something mission critical on cloud technology and get bit square in the ass.

It makes me sad that all the games we have today are locked down and designed in such a way that hosting or playing a game with others has to go through a corporate pipe just to be allowed to enjoy a game you already paid for. Does anyone honestly think in 5 or 10 years if someone comes across their old titanfall disc they will be able to play online?

Wasn't that long ago the Titanfall team were singing the praises of Microsoft's Azure cloud.

"One of the really nice things about it is that it isn't my problem, right?" Shiring said of potential server issues at the game's launch. "We just say [to Microsoft], here are our estimates, aim for more than that, plan for problems and make sure there are more than enough servers available -- they'll know the whole time that they need to bring more servers online."

anyone remember when you could decide what server you wanted to play on, choosing game mode, map, ping, player count, rules? pepperidge farm remembers.

I thought the cloud was supposed to be magical, always on, and "everywhere". Yup, it's just a silly video game today, but somewhere, someone will be running something mission critical on cloud technology and get bit square in the ass.

It makes me sad that all the games we have today are locked down and designed in such a way that hosting or playing a game with others has to go through a corporate pipe just to be allowed to enjoy a game you already paid for. Does anyone honestly think in 5 or 10 years if someone comes across their old titanfall disc they will be able to play online?

This! I can't fathom why people completely ignore these facts. I can pick up a copy of Quake II i have and install it on Windows 8.1 and fire it up.. create a server I HOST MYSELF (crowd gasp).. enjoy less then 35ms ping with no packet loss (but if by some chance my ISP has issues and i'm getting packet loss i can actually bring down the console and enter a command to bring up a graph to SHOW ME WHAT IS HAPPENING). Hell i can even just do a quick search and find dedicated servers that are still being hosted by any number of gamers that still wish to enjoy the game, and join one of those!

We are now about 2.5 years into CoD MW3's life and i am unable to join an Australian hosted game of Hardcore TDM for the passed 15-18months. So i'm forced to play a game mode i'm not a fan of (normal mode.. argh). not only this.. but its' also that laggy and full of (what i can only assume is) packet loss. And yet there are less people playing now then ever.. yet the server hosting is horrendous!!

And as if this all wasnt a bad enough situation... i'm not even going to start on having to pay to play to begin with (i.e. XBOX LIVE subscriptions etc that if htey decide to turn off the "service" you are screwed).

As a long time gamer on all platforms it really is making me feel as though my gaming days are numbered and that my Boat is going to get a lot more wear and tare. And i thought i'd be a gamer until i kicked it. :(

We are now about 2.5 years into CoD MW3's life and i am unable to join an Australian hosted game of Hardcore TDM for the passed 15-18months. So i'm forced to play a game mode i'm not a fan of (normal mode.. argh). not only this.. but its' also that laggy and full of (what i can only assume is) packet loss. And yet there are less people playing now then ever.. yet the server hosting is horrendous!!

And as if this all wasnt a bad enough situation... i'm not even going to start on having to pay to play to begin with (i.e. XBOX LIVE subscriptions etc that if htey decide to turn off the "service" you are screwed).

As a long time gamer on all platforms it really is making me feel as though my gaming days are numbered and that my Boat is going to get a lot more wear and tare. And i thought i'd be a gamer until i kicked it. :(

thats what hardpoint mode feels like now on the pc. Ive been forced to play attrition because it takes twice to 3 times as long to get into a game.
+1 for the matchmaking nonsense. I should be able to choose which server i want to go into, which map i want... etc etc etc.
Now its "all get to level 50 then do it all over and over again"

I think this is one reason I stick to single-player after many years of multiplayer

Back