Official Destiny Strike Gameplay: The Devils' Lair

could they make it any more boring? walk a little slower while a battle is going on around you.. smell the flowers? take in the scenery?

So a prettier non-cell shaded borderlands that's also more serious. It could be fun but I don't think it's revolutionary in any sense.

Looks pretty to watch, but pretty boring to play.

So a prettier non-cell shaded borderlands that's also more serious. It could be fun but I don't think it's revolutionary in any sense.

Yes, this. It looks like they took everything fun, funny, and offbeat that made Borderlands a good all around game, and tossed it out. Leaving a very detailed, yet boring look. Obviously this isn't much to go on, but it looks like it has no real personality. Still could end up good, but I'm not seeing it yet.

More like [H]ateforum with just about every game now days. It looks fun to me.

Same exact thing was said about forum members in the Elder Scroll Online thread and the Titanfall thread. Turns out those games were gigantic shit piles and we were right.

Also, I'm not seeing much in the way of real hate here actually.

So, run to an area, shoot bad guys. Run to another area, shoot bad guys. You can tell it's made by Halo guys, too. I was one of the few that didn't really like Halo or any of the sequels. My kids do, but I just find them boring...

Looks like a pretty game, but the game play doesn't look any different than any other FPS. Looks like a decent story, so I may give it a try. Just hope it's not just another run n' gun game.

Same exact thing was said about forum members in the Elder Scroll Online thread and the Titanfall thread. Turns out those games were gigantic shit piles and we were right.

I have found reading all the hate on games actually makes me hate it, where as if I just play it, I can formulate my own uninfluenced opinion. There's been plenty of games I have played and enjoyed before seeing all the hate, and IMO it's generally just an unjustified hate bandwagon that everyone joins in on.

I also really like ESO, and Titanfall is not bad. :p

Yeah, pretty much exactly what I said over in the Destiny thread. Looks like a Halo-themed Borderlands...meh.

I have found reading all the hate on games actually makes me hate it, where as if I just play it, I can formulate my own uninfluenced opinion. There's been plenty of games I have played and enjoyed before seeing all the hate, and IMO it's generally just an unjustified hate bandwagon that everyone joins in on.

I like Rage! There are hundreds of pages of hate on that one. I gave up trying to defend my position. Still play it once in a while. Sometimes seeing negative opinions is helpful, but you can't let them COMPLETELY guide you. In some cases it is just silly though.

tumblr_mgt9sm5YGf1rkfhnuo1_500.gif

Definitely made by the Halo guys... probably just a halo mod on their latest engine. The sniper rifle especially looks like it's just a reskin of the Halo sniper rifle...

lol

Also, keep in mind this game is (likely) not coming to PC.

Its already been proven by Microsoft that keyboard/mouse players own controller players in FPS games. Its why no one will ever make an FPS style game that consoles and PC players play on the same servers. Also a PC version coming late to the party would have a lot fewer players as I doubt console players would give up there characters they already put in work on just to play on a PC. So no there won't be a PC version if its not available at launch.

which makes this game meh to me. I'm not saying consoles are bad but this type of game (FPS/MMO) I prefer playing on a PC, especially when every one is touting how pretty it looks. Imagine what it would like on a PC if it looks that good on a console.

Unsurprisingly, looks and sounds like Halo. No longer interested.

I don't think people want to hate every game ever released. It's our hobby after all, so why hate it? But lately, seems like companies want to take advantage of this hobby and spew out horrible if not mediocre games.

As far as the community concerned, it's usually right. Do you remember anyone shitting on Skyrim before it was release? NO? What about Portal 2? How about bad games like Elder Scrolls Online? Oh wait you like that one. But the community seems to hate it, and for very good reasons. User rating of Elder Scrolls Online on metacritic is 6.2. Don't know about you but that constitutes for a bad game.

What about Titanfall? Surely it's user rating must be better, with a 86 average from professional reviews? Nope! It's also a 6.2 from user reviews. Skyrim has a 8.3, and Fallout 3 has a 8 rating. Surely there must be something wrong with the user reviews right?

If they want they can try to prove to me that Destiny is a good game. Just give me a demo copy for PC. What, no PC or demo? Well, we're off to a good start now aren't we?

DESTINY, NOW WITH DAY 1 DLC AND A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION OF $15 PER MONTH. BUY IT WHILE THIS OFFER LASTS!

Titanfall is a blast for me....

I don't think people want to hate every game ever released. It's our hobby after all, so why hate it? But lately, seems like companies want to take advantage of this hobby and spew out horrible if not mediocre games.

As far as the community concerned, it's usually right. Do you remember anyone shitting on Skyrim before it was release? NO? What about Portal 2? How about bad games like Elder Scrolls Online? Oh wait you like that one. But the community seems to hate it, and for very good reasons. User rating of Elder Scrolls Online on metacritic is 6.2. Don't know about you but that constitutes for a bad game.

What about Titanfall? Surely it's user rating must be better, with a 86 average from professional reviews? Nope! It's also a 6.2 from user reviews. Skyrim has a 8.3, and Fallout 3 has a 8 rating. Surely there must be something wrong with the user reviews right?

If they want they can try to prove to me that Destiny is a good game. Just give me a demo copy for PC. What, no PC or demo? Well, we're off to a good start now aren't we?

DESTINY, NOW WITH DAY 1 DLC AND A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION OF $15 PER MONTH. BUY IT WHILE THIS OFFER LASTS!
Using user ratings on Metacritic as any sort of metric is almost as stupid as being so influenced by haters on forums you hate a game.

Does anybody wish they would make Halo as originally intended? (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Pre-Xbox_Halo)

I know the graphics are crap, but I remember the original concept and scope, large scale engagements planned, more units, semi-strategy. It was a fight to control the Halo and you took an active role in picking targets.

Pity its an under tested genre that hasn't preformed well (due to poor design and games imho). FPS is stagnating (nothing really dies), it will hopefully soon take a back seat to something new and actually good (instead of go here shoot them, ok now go there and shoot them.).

On what planet is Titanfall a "gigantic shitpile." The general consensus by everyone who has actually played it is that it's awesome.

Also, it seems like you guys hate every game that comes out. If every game that comes out is shit, what exactly do you guys play?

On what planet is Titanfall a "gigantic shitpile." The general consensus by everyone who has actually played it is that it's awesome.

Don't know if I would say that, but it's not a "gigantic shitpile", either.

TF2+Halo and the voice acting is very weak. The graphics are nice. The music sounds good but does not seem to match game play. Has a bit of Metro Last Light feel too it also.

Every upcoming game is garbage and every company has commited the ultimate betrayal by daring to make a game.

Well when a developer claims that their next game is the second coming of Christ, then show us another generic FPS...

Why even make games any more. jeez. developers just need to stop and go back to making just Paper and Dice games.

A lot of opinions on a lot of games, its good that opinions vary. Now people should be negative elsewhere. Its not fun to read on every other thread comment.

Looks very run of the mill almost boring. I think they just wanted to play it safe and make lots of money. There is certainly no grand new scheme or innovation present. More of the same old same.

Also, it seems like you guys hate every game that comes out. If every game that comes out is shit, what exactly do you guys play?

I don't think everything that comes out is shit. I even think some games that other people think are shit are great.

However, the answer to your question is System Shock and System Shock 2... Forever...

Why even make games any more. jeez. developers just need to stop and go back to making just Paper and Dice games.
That's probably not a bad idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VONeNVPaNs

A lot of opinions on a lot of games, its good that opinions vary. Now people should be negative elsewhere. Its not fun to read on every other thread comment.

You should really understand why people are so negative. It's gotten to the point where the developers are so disconnected with their gamers, that they don't create a game for fun but to exploit a system to gain fast money. Most modern games aren't fun, but a tendious repetative task that wastes your time. When a game IP seems to sell, they begin to pump out sequels and prequels like their lives depended on it. Often leading to worse and worse games.

But the problem I see is that developers don't really sit down and play their games like we do. They don't try to see why people would enjoy their game. When a guy like Egoraptor can show why some mechanics are fun and why some aren't, then developers are just throwing darts at a board and hoping something sticks. They literally have no idea what makes a game fun or immersive.

So as a consumer I have every right to be a negative nancy. Besides as PC gamers who pioneered the FPS genre, you can't expec us to take Destiny serious. The fact that the game isn't on PC means they sold out to Microsoft and Sony long ago. It's a cash grab game, and not something worth spit. Any game worth a damn will make it's way to PC.

Back