Adobe Releases Another Zero Day Patch

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another month, another critical vulnerability in an Adobe product. :( Hit the link for instructions on how to plug your Adobe hole.

Adobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.182 and earlier versions for Windows, Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.201 and earlier versions for Macintosh and Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.350 and earlier versions for Linux. These updates address vulnerabilities that could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system. Adobe is aware of reports that an exploit for CVE-2014-0515 exists in the wild, and is being used to target Flash Player users on the Windows platform.

i noticed the other day my PS3 media server went to shit. Chrome usually keeps my flash up to date, but I had to update it myself for the first time in years.

your closed source solutions poorly coded have wreaked havoc on users for years. I read maybe last year that about 1/3 of all exploits are caused by your shitty software. I liked adobe, perhaps patriotism (yay canada), and photoshop was cool, but next to microsoft you might be the hugest security hole in the entire internet. just f/o. sure heartbleed was big, but it was one exploit in one piece of software undetected for a couple years. adobe is persistently un-checked. buffer overflows, misc escalation flaws, repeatedly and consistently adobe is the fail of security. leave the internet alone.

your closed source solutions poorly coded have wreaked havoc on users for years. I read maybe last year that about 1/3 of all exploits are caused by your shitty software. I liked adobe, perhaps patriotism (yay canada), and photoshop was cool, but next to microsoft you might be the hugest security hole in the entire internet. just f/o. sure heartbleed was big, but it was one exploit in one piece of software undetected for a couple years. adobe is persistently un-checked. buffer overflows, misc escalation flaws, repeatedly and consistently adobe is the fail of security. leave the internet alone.

Microsoft isn't second...Javascript and Adobe are tied for Worst Software Writing.

It really is an amazing back and forth to see how badly coded they can make their products.

I just noticed they are in sync with my GFs period... very useful

Adobe is actually a long running CSIS/NSA joint operation.

Microsoft isn't second...Javascript and Adobe are tied for Worst Software Writing.

It really is an amazing back and forth to see how badly coded they can make their products.

For the shit people try to give them Microsoft has done a good job of locking down most of the larger issues. Most of the time if you find a security flaw that allows something to get into your computer it is 3rd party related (java, flash, adobe pdf reader).

The problem with those 3 is that for years people just focused on the OS directly so they never had to worry about the security flaws. Now the OS is solid by itself so people are looking at other popular things that they can almost bet on a person having that would let them in, and so you get those three.

Back