DICE Deploys New Hardware to Combat Battlefield 4 Rubber-Banding

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
After months of waiting, lots of testing and investment in new high-performance servers, DICE announced on Friday that the company considers the issue of Rubber-Banding on 64-player Battlefield 4 matches to be solved.

In preparation, we conducted a significant amount of testing before installing the new servers to ensure they would correct the issue. We are already seeing performance improvement with 64-player matches and expect this to continue.

So it only took 'em 7 months to at least try testing out a server with better specs to see if it resolves the lag?

Or did they already know this and spent the last 7 months jerking everyone around trying to optimize for crap hardware and finally came to the conclusion that it simply wasn't going to happen and throwing more hardware at it was the only way?

dollars are the bottom line. DICE/EA wont lift a finger if it involves money unless absolutely necessary

7 months? please. This issue has been around since BF3. Bout fucking time.

So it only took 'em 7 months to at least try testing out a server with better specs to see if it resolves the lag?

Or did they already know this and spent the last 7 months jerking everyone around trying to optimize for crap hardware and finally came to the conclusion that it simply wasn't going to happen and throwing more hardware at it was the only way?

They probably broke down and realized they can't run 1000 games off one server.

7 months? please. This issue has been around since BF3. Bout fucking time.

There's a separate pile of idiotic rubberbanding and crap on top of the issues that have been around since BF3. If the game had been in the same state at launch as BF3 is currently, they wouldn't have had 2/3 of the complaints(that were due to new problems in BF4).

They probably broke down and realized they can't run 1000 games off one server.

That would actually explain why the beta played better, as well as the people who went to various events and got to play the game reported none of the problems that were seen at launch(I'm not talking about the youtube shills that got paid by EA with that ranku crap or whatever it was called). Since during the beta and at any events where the server would have been hosted locally, it wouldn't have had the load of all of the other instances of servers running on the same box.

Buying servers has zero impact on a private 64 person server, which is what most people are playing on. This would be a cop out if everyone was stupid, but anyone with half a brain can see that immediately. So it doesn't even rise to the level of cop out.

Buying servers has zero impact on a private 64 person server, which is what most people are playing on. This would be a cop out if everyone was stupid, but anyone with half a brain can see that immediately. So it doesn't even rise to the level of cop out.

There are no private servers for BF4. There are rented servers that are hosted on systems according to spec from EA/DICE(yay, licensing agreements for server rentals to get EA more money!).

office_jobs_1.jpg

This is either a console only fix or DICE as usual is full of shit. Got constant rubberbanding every time a Naval Strike map went into rotation this weekend.

I see only one way to get this problem fixed, and that is for everyone to walk away from bf4 until they fix it. This game should be allowed on steam, right along with all the other beta games steam allows for sale on their site.

DICE should just update BF2. That was superb.

Dice did update BF2. Well Battlefield Play4Free. I just found out they update it with that stupid xm25 airburst gun that's been raging in Metro only servers.

DICE should just update BF2. That was superb.

Best multiplayer FPS of all time, bar none. Only change it needed was giving the USMC Assault class a full-auto version of the M16. That would have been perfection.

EA is trying to hard to copy CoD.

Best multiplayer FPS of all time, bar none. Only change it needed was giving the USMC Assault class a full-auto version of the M16. That would have been perfection.

EA is trying to hard to copy CoD.

I wouldn't say best. BF2 have just as much bug and issues as bf4

I wouldn't say best. BF2 have just as much bug and issues as bf4

Even BF3 was horrible. I remember playing the beta and not getting kills at all. So I got frustrated and sneaked behind an enemy that was crouching behind a barrier. I took 5 shots from 1 meter distance to the back of his head. What happens?

You know it, he turned around on the 5th shot and killed me with 1 hit. Same time I could play COD4 without any problems so it wasn't just my connection :)

This is why the hosted server arrangement is shit.

Exactly. Allow private individuals/server companies, whose bottom line is directly impacted by this, to host. They can spend however little or much on the server they want.

TBH, I don't even get the financial incentive - do you have to pay EA to host servers? I can't imagine it's that lucrative of a business to have to deal with all this hassle.

Damn, I thought it was my connection. I was pissed off at the wrong people!

Good game, but this made it go to crap when the lag got too bad and I just gave up. Hopefully, I can fire Origin up again and play this again. Good game.

Anyone work at EA? What was fixed with the servers, did they replace Intel with AMD for more consistent and less spiky performance?

I took a break from gaming (I only played FPS games) for the last two years now. Sold my entire desktop around that time and bought a non-gaming laptop to finalize it. However I was thinking about getting back into it if I build a new Haswell-E system this fall. However with all these complaints I'm wondering if I'll just stay on a laptop permanently anf forget about it.

It's sad, in 2014, game release after game release, you'd think they would've implemented something by now to curb the blatant lag problems most (all) online games have. Even COD had lots of it and I was on a Verizon FIOS 50/25 with good to great pings, connection.

We need professional FPS server companies where boards are set up with players no more than *** miles away...or something. I know when players from Asia would come on a board when I played the whole game started to seem laggy, and they weren't always the host either.

"While the process took longer than we would've liked, we wanted to be 100 per cent sure it was done right and that the long-term solution was properly in place."

That's excellent logic. Too bad it wasn't applied to the game itself prior to release.

Fuck Dice and Fuck this Game, buggy pile of shit since day 1 and nothings changed.

ensuring that this was done right would have been releasing the Server code under an Open-Source license and letting gamers run their own BF4 servers atop Linux.

To date there still is no consumer side BF4 server; and the most players can do is rent what appear to be servers running a Microsoft Windows OS. Little wonder BF4 is having so many problems.

I took a break from gaming (I only played FPS games) for the last two years now. Sold my entire desktop around that time and bought a non-gaming laptop to finalize it.

I solved all of my BF4 problems by upgrading my own hardware,

5as8i9.jpg

Fuck you, DICE and EA! Problem solved!

/Anyone looking for a 290x, I'm thinking about dismantling my X-Fire setup.......

Back