Mandatory PS 4 Update 1.70 Coming April 30th

The HDCP part is very rad, should only enable now for protected content. For some reason my receiver has always had handshake/packet loss issues with Sony equipment, both my PS3 and PS4 always take a couple of power cycles on the receiver to stop the signal from freaking out.

yeah, i think that was an issue when i wanted to record ps3 footage years ago when i first for an hdmi capture card. i could stream xbox 360 footage fine but when i wanted to do ps3 i was boned and didnt feel like finding a way around it.

so that is good news for people.

If they're going to add an option to disable HDCP why even have an option to have it enabled? It's not like it adds anything, it just pointlessly encrypts the signal.

If they're going to add an option to disable HDCP why even have an option to have it enabled? It's not like it adds anything, it just pointlessly encrypts the signal.

It's part of the HDMI standard so it needs to be there for compliance purposes. Also you need HDCP for Bluray playback.

Blu-Rays require a HDCP handshake or they wont play.

Blu-Rays require a HDCP handshake or they wont play.

but i think what he was getting at is why not automatically disable it when not playing hdcp content automatically and not need a reason to turn it off and on.

sorta how the 360 has been doing it for years, you can stream or record games and the dashboard no problem, as soon as you start to play a move hdcp auto enables.

Back