For those looking for a new benchmark, Unreal Engine 4 Elemental Demo is available

PcZac

Limp Gawd
Here's the elemental demo anyone can download and benchmark

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rb4iqf555iakxbt/Elemental.rar

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109510759&postcount=356

You'll need to set the resolution with ~ and then SetRes 1920x1080 (or whatever resolution you are using), and you can view your FPS with Stat FPS.

The .exe is in \Elemental\Elemental\WindowsNoEditor\Elemental\Binaries\Win64

On my q9450 and GTX 760 I average 27 FPS in the inside area, and 20 FPS once it gets outside.

Last edited:
Melts my computer at 4k, but it looks amazing. It's going to take 3 780 ti's to run this at a solid 60 fps at 4k.

I think there other demos look a bit better, this demo was a repurposed older demo that used a different lighting system. I don't think they repolished this demo after switching the lighting. The cave effects and subway reflections look better IMO.

how the fuck am i still getting dll missing errors in 2014?

edit: and now this
excel456-20140426-215115.png

the forum is fucking it up

copy, paste
microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
Yeah I just got it a little while ago and now I can run the demo.

TBH I am not the least bit impressed for a next gen demo.

Got it running with the latest vcredist installed. Holds around 30@1440 on one 680 (clocked up 105 on core) but does dip to 20 at the very end in the ice. Realistically I don't see any reason why with some software/driver optimization and an SLI profile that this couldn't sit at 60. Looks like the engine itself is well tuned for performance.

some other maybe interesting commands:
stat unit
stat rhi

It'll show draw call count, triangle's rendered, and some other things.

I'm not sure if this is actually max settings, or if the demo was set to use some lower quality effects or what. There's 2 depth of field quality settings and it looks like this was using the lower, but it's hard to catch in motion, and it's missing some stuff like smoke casting shadows.

It'd be easy to see what was going on in the editor...

I didn't package it, I have the earlier version of the editor but my subscription ran out before this demo was released. There's 3 other demos that work as better looking benchmarks. Their realistic rendering, reflection subway, and their cave effects demo. I believe there's a download to the reflection demo on that source thread.

some other maybe interesting commands:
stat unit
stat rhi

It'll show draw call count, triangle's rendered, and some other things.

I'm not sure if this is actually max settings, or if the demo was set to use some lower quality effects or what. There's 2 depth of field quality settings and it looks like this was using the lower, but it's hard to catch in motion, and it's missing some stuff like smoke casting shadows.

It'd be easy to see what was going on in the editor...

You can adjust the settings using the following in console

set <class> <setting> <value>

so anything in the visual setting department is a render class so it's set r

You can adjust the settings using the following in console

set <class> <setting> <value>

so anything in the visual setting department is a render class so it's set r

A lot of their test levels create a volume that controls a lot of the post processing settings, I'm not sure the console variables will necessarily reflect what's set because of the volume influence. Maybe it does, but I dunno, never payed attention to it.

I run 40-60 all the way to the icefields. Then I drop to 30-50 with the occasional high 20. Ice King hits me at 28.

Melts my computer at 4k, but it looks amazing. It's going to take 3 780 ti's to run this at a solid 60 fps at 4k.

Unless something has changed, SLI does not work with UE4 at all. Outlook is that it won't ever scale well/work due to the way the engine is being built.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/21746/does-the-ue4-engine-support-sli.html

Working on getting a 4k version up on youtube, the first couple tries were bad because I wasn't recording on an SSD. Hopefully this try is at least smooth, if not I am giving up.

4k - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Y_PVX5lAM

Last edited:
Back