Corsair H75 Intel and AMD CPU Compact Liquid Cooler @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair H75 Intel and AMD CPU Compact Liquid Cooler - Corsair has been in the liquid CPU cooling game for over 10 years now. As sealed system liquid CPU coolers have become the norm among hardware enthusiasts, the competition has gotten stiff to say the least. Another thing that has changed over the years is that many DIYers are going to smaller cases for their systems; the H75 looks to address this.

Hi Kyle nice review as always .

FWIW , when I read the title I thought there be 2 cooler reviews the H75 on Intel and AMD AIO cooler . maybe I am poor reader but that was my first expectation from title name .

I know Intel makes or rebrands a water cooler, just thought AMD was doing it to maybe .

Hi Kyle nice review as always .

FWIW , when I read the title I thought there be 2 cooler reviews the H75 on Intel and AMD AIO cooler . maybe I am poor reader but that was my first expectation from title name .

I know Intel makes or rebrands a water cooler, just thought AMD was doing it to maybe .

The review title reflects that the cooler works with both AMD and Intel CPUs. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think this is for this review per sey but more so general questions that people who look at this might be able to help me with.

This doesn't seem to be an I series cooler so I know I can't ask for temps on the cooler.

I have an h100i and at first it was on my i7 930. I thought the temps were great as I was on the stock fan before and I was folding (for the [H]ord)

Now its on a i7 4770 and under full load I'm sing 70c on the package, 40c on the cooler its self. I'm not sure of the ambient temp of the case.

Rather it's by folding or just gaming/other work. If you're maxing out your video card and CPU, what temps are you all seeing with these closed loop coolers? Do you think I've done something wrong? Of course I can provide details, just didn't want to write too much if the general consensus is that I should make my own thread. I thought this might belong here as its the same brand and generally the question of how it benches vs. what people are seeing.

Thats normal on haswell no matter what kind of cooler people use... Mainly for the disaster of the integrated voltage regulator on dia.. Make the chip run horribly hot and draw way more voltage than what it really need even at stock settings... Solution?.. Delid it.. There are some of crappy 4770K with more horrible TIM than normal and hit 100C at stock speeds with hyper212 for example..

Good review as always..Speaking for myself, I am done with Corsair coolers until they fix the leaking problems that seem to be plaguing some units..The h100i has issues they don't seem to want to fix, they will just keep sending you new units till the cows come home!

Kyle, I've got this cooler. It does ok for me and what I do with my PC, but after reading the review any ideas why it performed as poorly as it did?

Kyle, I've got this cooler. It does ok for me and what I do with my PC, but after reading the review any ideas why it performed as poorly as it did?

They do use a "worst case scenario."

I love these cooler reviews, intro, the cooler, the perfornce and conclusion. I never understood why some reviewers spend 8 pages talking about the cooler then 10 minutes on a performance.

Thanks for the review. Not interested in this cooling technology. Too expensive and the performance just isn't there.

Cooler is not designed to be a performance leader but rather a solution for small builds that require a specialized cooler to be able to fit.

Earlier we mentioned how the H75 performing behind the Scythe Mugen 4 was not a desirable place to be. The Mugen 4 is a cooler that costs $30 dollars less than the H75 and performs better. That is a compelling value argument. Tower coolers and AIO coolers however are very different and one of the reasons that the H75 does not perform better is because of the very thin radiator and fan configuration, so a comparison on the footprint argument does not carry much weight. Surely you can easily find some case configurations that simply do not accept the large tower coolers, and certainly the design philosophy behind the Hydro Series H75 Liquid CPU Cooler is to adapt to these types of smaller case configurations.

Water cooling is so 2008, we need refrigeration with these Hasselwell builds.
Back when it was important for me to be bleeding edge and extreme overclock I used my Danger Den block and Rad modified to fit several machines. Now I use a modified tuniq tower and a Zalman on my wifes unit and they perform great with out the hassle of plumbing.

Water cooling is so 2008, we need refrigeration with these Hasselwell builds.
Back when it was important for me to be bleeding edge and extreme overclock I used my Danger Den block and Rad modified to fit several machines. Now I use a modified tuniq tower and a Zalman on my wifes unit and they perform great with out the hassle of plumbing.

Haswell doesn't need better coolers, what it need is a better TIM because all the heat is trapped under the IHS. Let's hope the new haswell with revised TIM will fare better (as intel promised.)

Corsair seems to be losing their edge, I also found that the 105 was kinda a waste, considering there's noting wrong with the current products they have to offer. It just seems like they need something new out on the market. Where's the software control that's with H100i and H80i coolers. :confused:

Installed the H75 on my 2600k at 1.31v, works just as good as my old custom loop.

Thanks.

Any interest in adding the Hyper 212 EVO? I picked one up for $20 and get similar temps to the H75, when adjusting for the fact that it ain't 25C in Seattle right now. Added a second fan for push/pull, pushing price paid to less than $30.

Without knowing the cooler / radiator intake air temp we are seeing how well your system performs with these coolers, but not how well each cooler is performing.

Each cooler installed in your case will likely perform differently than installed in another system. because of the differences in case airflow.

I've been harping on the cooler / radiator intake temp being the critical reference for years .. and finally I'm seeing more and more testers realizing just how different the cooler intake air temp is from room temp .. especially when comparing CLC and air coolers.

Think of it as looking at bedroom thermometer to see what the temperature is in the kitchen. In most of our homes they are not the same. ;) Bedrooms stay pretty stable, but kitchen changes depending on cooking, open doors, open windows, etc. :D

Nh-U14S still looks best IMO, al a round , very good cooling , quiet operation ,relative small size (memory clearance wise) and price same as many 120mm AIO coolers .

One thing that I feel should be mentioned since you are comparing to the Scythe is the weight. Sure the Scythe is $30 cheaper and performs better, but it is also hanging 625g of metal on your motherboard vs the AIO solution which is barely hanging anything on it. Now don't get me wrong, that isn't a huge deal by any stretch. Heck I'm still rocking a Zalman CNPS9700 and we all know how heavy that monster is. However I have done a number of builds where weight was a huge concern and more of a factor then a few degrees. Probably isn't going to be a decision maker for most people I'm sure, but I felt it should be mentioned.

As for me, I'm still on the fence when it comes to AIO solutions in general. I used to love water cooling and had a ton of danger den stuff (still do actually, shame I can't get a new block). But part of that joy for me at least was coming up with creative tube routing and generally making everything shiny. The AIO solutions take that away and so tend to be very "meh" for me "Personally". Of course the downside to all that way doing simple upgrades on my machine was a huge pain in the ass, vs as easy as air with the AIO..so yea I'm rambling now..

One thing that I feel should be mentioned since you are comparing to the Scythe is the weight. Sure the Scythe is $30 cheaper and performs better, but it is also hanging 625g of metal on your motherboard vs the AIO solution which is barely hanging anything on it. Now don't get me wrong, that isn't a huge deal by any stretch. Heck I'm still rocking a Zalman CNPS9700 and we all know how heavy that monster is. However I have done a number of builds where weight was a huge concern and more of a factor then a few degrees. Probably isn't going to be a decision maker for most people I'm sure, but I felt it should be mentioned.

As for me, I'm still on the fence when it comes to AIO solutions in general. I used to love water cooling and had a ton of danger den stuff (still do actually, shame I can't get a new block). But part of that joy for me at least was coming up with creative tube routing and generally making everything shiny. The AIO solutions take that away and so tend to be very "meh" for me "Personally". Of course the downside to all that way doing simple upgrades on my machine was a huge pain in the ass, vs as easy as air with the AIO..so yea I'm rambling now..

I don't see how that would be a problem, there is a back plate that holds it well .
Unless you are moving system around in a truck were bumps might do something , I don't see a problem, though i never used big HS like D15 .
I would have no issue with slightly smaller one .

And if you plan on rough move could always place system on side in move, or even pull HS off temporary

Without knowing the cooler / radiator intake air temp we are seeing how well your system performs with these coolers, but not how well each cooler is performing.

I guess this is directed at our testing. If you read the process you will see that we find temperatures important.

Temperatures

Ambient temperature will be kept at 25C for the duration of the tests and measured with a MicroTemp EXP non-contact infrared thermometer and cross referenced with the Sperry Digital 4 Point thermometer. Any variance greater then 0.2C will halt the testing until temperatures return within spec for fifteen minutes.

What EdKiefer said.

625g is not a heavy cooler. there are several 1kg coolers out there now .. without fans. I have never seen a motherboard broken by heatsink weight .. unless it was dropped or in some other way abused. Some companies even ship fully assembled custom systems complete with cooler .. and I have seem times the coolers get damaged or come loose, but not damage to motherboard.

On the other had, transporting a system with CLC cooler does sometimes cause leaks to develop.

I don't see how that would be a problem, there is a back plate that holds it well .

I don't think weight is truly an issues except maybe in shipping...or if you have one of the cheaper ASRock motherboards, it might concern me then.

I saw that. And it's all good .. except it's not the temperature of the air going into the cooler.

You are quoting out of context. I tried to explain that statement in the rest of the post.

Room temperature, regardless of how accurate it is, is still just that .. room temperature .. and cooler intake air temperature is generally not the same temperate as the room's air. Components in the case or even on an open bench system warm up the air around the cooler. Even changing the cooler fan speed can change the cooler intake air temperature. We need to keep in mind there is nothing to keep the cooler's heated exhaust separate from the cooler intake air .. as well as the heat from other components in the system. Check it and you will see what I mean.

If you would like to discuss this farther drop me a PM.

Thanks for your insight.

Still looks like overpriced crap compared to Mugen 4 :D

except that one can't fit a mugen 4 on every build while the H75 offers decent price/performance from miniITX to quad socketed builds. The review kind of confirmed my believes that the H75 is the best bang/buck AiO coolers for the systems that can fit it inside. Surprisingly the H90 at $89 still beats the H75 on price/temp:eek:

I have an H80 (and have for a couple years now). It's still working just fine and i have never had an issue with it. I hope that doesn't mean i go home and it's toasted lol.

Back