H100i or H110

• H100i

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • H110

Votes: 19 79.2%

• Total voters

memphist0

Gawd
I've been having a hard time making up my mind between these two. A lot of reviewers like the H100i because of the Corsair link software which seems OK. While others like the H110 as it cools a couple degrees cooler(maybe) and is a little quieter.

i have both, and i have used both in the same system to test.. and the h100i perform better under typical loads and daily use/gaming, in heavy loads, heavy stress test they perform practically the same 2degree cooler than h100i but thats during long very long periods of stress.. with the thing that the H110 perform noticeably quieter with default fans vs the H100i, however the h100i have way better control over the fans due to corsair Link software and you can control the fans in base of the Liquid temperature and not in base of the processor temperature as you should do with the h110, this its perfectly to keep temperatures lower during daily task or gaming the delta temperature over ambient its more controllable thats why i said its better for daily usage, you can use as much quieter or noisy as you want in the desired conditions thing that aren't possible with the h110 if you do not have a Thermal Probe controllable Fan controller... actual motherboards tend to keep the fan curve as much low as possible and that affect the h110 if you do not have your own fan curve with a 3rd party software because you will never see it even at medium fan loads while gaming which tend to show higher temperatures than h100i, however i have to say again its noticeable quieter.. if you want the quietest cooler then go with the h110, if you want the more controllable cooler go with the h100i. i have both and i chose the h100i i like to have more control over the fans.. thats my vote..

Araxie, do you notice cooler gpu temps with using either of these? It is a side effect I am hoping for since the hot air from my 212 evo won't be in the case.

H110 if you have the space. Larger surface area for better cooling performance trumps gimmicks any day.

Araxie, do you notice cooler gpu temps with using either of these? It is a side effect I am hoping for since the hot air from my 212 evo won't be in the case.

thats correct, when you remove the air cooler from the case the airflow its greatly improved you have to positive side effects, first, the heat produced by the GPU won't be thrown directly over the Air Cooler, part of the heat of the GPU (specially aftermarket models that drop hot air inside the case) are absorbed by the CPU heatsink, decreasing the cooling performance, but also the heat produced by the CPU heatsink will be more concentrated in that area.. so, better airflow lower overall components temperature, I have in my case side panel the upper 140mm fan which provide fresh air directly toward the motherboard and RAM which also allow the radiator draw fresh air and operate cooler..

H110 if you have the space. Larger surface area for better cooling performance trumps gimmicks any day.

thats correct in part.. that thing for example, would be noticeable in greater surface heatsink chips like a overclocked socket 2011 processor thats where the h110 really shine, i've tested both h100i and h110 with my 2600, 2600K, 2700K, 3770K, 3930K.. and the difference was only noticeable with a high overclocked 3930K.. but in the 1155 chips it was the same, with the h100i performing better at normal daily task..

Has anyone upgraded the fans on these and if so what did you choose?

Also is pump noise very different between these? I hear the H110 might be a slightly quieter pump.

I have a h110 with Noctura quiet pwm fans. I can hear the pump running if the side of the case is off and my ears are close by. The fans that come with it are trash, too loud, and rattle/tick.

I went through two of the h100 units with the ticking pump problems and got rid of it. I don't know if the h100i version have any problems.

More than happy with the h110 and good fans, just make sure your case can fit this radiator before you purchase.

Get the H100i and then drop the fans for some Cougar fans. I have the H100 and put on 4 cougar 120mm for push pull, actually quieter than the default fans. Now if I only had corsair link...

I purchased the H110i and am pleased for the most part. I've only had it installed for three days so far.
Balanced mode, my temperature deltas are 25c (29 idle to 54 extended full load (FaH client/Prime95), 51'ish playing BF4 for hours). My intentions were not for an overclock but to get something quieter than the stock Intel HS/Fan combo which allowed my CPU to reach 90C during extended full loads. The H100i seems to have done it, on quiet or balanced mode, I can't hear it above my top-mounted exhaust fan (200mm on an Antec 1100).

My direct experience was that the temperature of my Asus GTX770 went down from about 79C to 65C during extended gameplay after ditching the stock Intel Cooler (3770K). My temperature delta on the vidcard was 37C versus 50C (Idle 28C, full load 65C).

I'm sure many others will be better with more attention to airflow. Mine is kinda shoe-horned into the case, but I'm really pleased with the results. I also find the Corsair Link software really nice feature.

I've had both the H100i and now I have the H110. Personally I didn't use the software at all which is why I went with the larger H110 this time around. I'm able to run slightly larger fans at a lower rpm for the same or better airflow.

For what it's worth when I had my 4770K @ 1.4v 4.5Ghz (crap chip I know) my max load temps in games like BF4 64player conquest was around 60C. For Aida 64 I saw a max load of 73C.

I'm currently back @ 1.25v /4.2Ghz and my load temps are 50C in game, 61C Aida 64 max load on the hottest core. Love this AIO.

Also worth mentioning that obviously my CPU had been delidded.

I've had both the H100i and now I have the H110. Personally I didn't use the software at all which is why I went with the larger H110 this time around. I'm able to run slightly larger fans at a lower rpm for the same or better airflow.

For what it's worth when I had my 4770K @ 1.4v 4.5Ghz (crap chip I know) my max load temps in games like BF4 64player conquest was around 60C. For Aida 64 I saw a max load of 73C.

I'm currently back @ 1.25v /4.2Ghz and my load temps are 50C in game, 61C Aida 64 max load on the hottest core. Love this AIO.

Also worth mentioning that obviously my CPU had been delidded.

May i ask for what your average room temp?.. Thats amazing temp even for a delidded 4770K. Thats motivating me to delid my brother's 4770K but we are here in a avergae of 29C room temp where i live..

I had both. The H110 is quieter and just works. I went through two H100's and then the led on my H100i went. Enough was enough and Corsair was able to send me an H110 as a replacement. Couldn't be happier.

May i ask for what your average room temp?.. Thats amazing temp even for a delidded 4770K. Thats motivating me to delid my brother's 4770K but we are here in a avergae of 29C room temp where i live..

I would say about 22C is my average room temp. I'm located in cool SoCal. :)

Delidding is good for about a 20C temp decrease if done properly. First though I would make sure you have a CPU worth delidding. Mine for example wasn't but I did it anyway. Even @ 1.4v 4.5Ghz wasn't 100% stable.

As long as its a decent overclocker I would say its worth the risk. If I knew ahead of time that my CPU was this shitty I would've not done the delidding. I also recommend the vice method. YouTube to see what I'm talking about.

Use Liquid Ultra Pro for the die and something like Arctic Silver Pro for the IHS. Check out the delidding thread in the Intel Proc forum for more info.

Last edited:
I've got 2 Akasa Viper 140s on my H110. Link - Keeps my 3770K @ 4.5 nice and cool (max temps in the low to mid 70s under LinX). I have yet to delid, doubt I ever will since it would probably just get me to 4.7.

The stock fans with the H110 would rattle when mounted with the blades facing down (upward exhaust), but they run fine vertically in my side panel. The Vipers are quiet and can push a good amount of air at top speed - which I rarely even need. They're also advertised as having better static pressure than typical fans.

Answer is... H105. Thicker rad ftw! (38 vs 27mm iirc) I'll have one going in my Prodigy case here soon... but only because it won't fit 280mm, otherwise it would be H110 hands down. ;)

Back